Coins off the coin counter 8/8/11 PICTURE!!!!!!!!!!

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, went to the bank to dump some coins, and got the coins off the coin counter's magnet. Here is a scan of the coins. I will describe the coins to you below:

top row left to right: 1988 Canada $1, 2009 Canada 25c, 1952-2002 Canada 25c, 1986 Canada 25c, 1978 Canada 25c, 2001 Canada 25c, 1980 Canada 25c.

Middle row left to right: 2007 Canada 10c, 1989 Canada 10c, 1952-2002 Canada 10c, Angel token, 2007 Ireland 1 eurocent, Jordan 5 piastres, Jordan 10 piastres, Russia 10 Kopek 2007, and a 1943 USA steel penny.

All in all, good coins, suprised with the amount of canadain coins. HH all!

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 843
Upvote 0
OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$2.80 CAD is worth $2.82 USD :help:
10 Kopek worth $0.003(am I correct??)
15 Piastres worth $0.21
1 eurocent worth $0.01

Also not pictured: magicians token and some button from a pair of pants or coat.

Goldmanford

Aug 1, 2011
North Carolina
When you say "off the magnet" what are you meaning? Do they have to open the machine to get to the magnet or is this located down in the reject slot. Do you have to ask them to retrieve those coins? Just curious. :dontknow:

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goldmanford said:
When you say "off the magnet" what are you meaning? Do they have to open the machine to get to the magnet or is this located down in the reject slot. Do you have to ask them to retrieve those coins? Just curious. :dontknow:
You pull out the sliding bin where you slide down your coins and there's a magnet that takes all magnetic coins before getting counted or rejected. I get them myself, the tellers do not mind since they throw out the coins anyway.

Goldmanford

Aug 1, 2011
North Carolina
OK - cool - I'm gonna look for that on the machine in our WalMart. Maybe I'll find a few coins. I look in the reject slot at the bottom but haven't found anything yet. Thanks for the tip! :thumbsup:

K

Jul 17, 2011
MI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Buffalo is your coin counter anything like a Coinstar machine? :icon_scratch: Because I've always wanted to find out whats on the magnet at mine, but I never asked for them to open it up. Next time I'm there I'll check for the magnet, if it is there, and see if I can get any coins w/o asking. 8)

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The coin machine is not like a coinstar, never ever would I put a coin into coinstar, their fees are outrageous!!!

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
azlegends said:
This is so creepy. I found tht exact same angel token in a coinstar reject tray.
I have actually gotten 2 of those angel tokens in the past 3 months from coins off that magnet... must be a common charm type token

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
the one and only time i pulled the plug out of the machine to get to the magnet i thought the bank manager was going to call the FBI and make a federal crime out of it. don't know why she got so uptight. seems like a lot of guys do it here. :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
silvercop said:
the one and only time i pulled the plug out of the machine to get to the magnet i thought the bank manager was going to call the FBI and make a federal crime out of it. don't know why she got so uptight. seems like a lot of guys do it here. :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch:
my machine does not require a plug to be pulled. I just lift out the sliding bin and scrape out the bottom. The machine is in the corner of the bank where tellers at their desks cannot see anyway. Plus they even told me, to save time and noise, I could lift the metal bin out and dump directly into the hole anyway :)

n9zez

Jul 2, 2010
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Coin machines in banks are a thing of the past around here! And when they were around, I don't remember ever seeing one outside of the confines of the tellers!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread