Gold Member
Dec 12, 2015
Maryland's eastern shore
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites MXTPro whites MXSport
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I remembered one of my trapping permission land owners was telling me about a still that was on his place years ago. I called him last night and asked if I could detect there this morning. He said help yourself. I found the site, but it was loaded with junk. On the way out I found the barrel spigot. I ran into him and his wife as they were leaving, asked if it would be alright to hunt his yard. He said go anywhere you like and do what you want. Well there used to be an old house where his is now. Found the 2 buttons, then kept getting iron signals, found the Indian first then the half cent by this time it was really getting hot. On the way back to the truck got a 77 signal on the sport and pulled the Kg from 7 inches. Sure was nice to find some coppers I could recognize. Good luck to all. Art

Attachments

• _20160716_113110.JPG
    _20160716_113110.JPG
    454.6 KB · Views: 120
  • _20160716_113021.JPG
    _20160716_113021.JPG
    533.2 KB · Views: 120
Upvote 26

Erving

Apr 27, 2013
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some more nice finds Art. It's good to see you're able to get out for a few hrs. before it gets too hot. The temps have been brutal.

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your coppers - button & the fine barrel spigot, every where it is getting hot (stay hydrated) and thanks your for posting your pictures and story & I wish you many more while out dirt fishin.

Texas ED

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds...

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds! and yes, I've had to schedule my hunting around the high temps, I got the bright idea to venture across the road one night this week, and poke around in the woods where the Zane Trail ran through, yes the very old road is still there, barely visible but still present. Anyway, I thought the sweat was going to wash my contacts out...no air moving in the woods...ugh..I didn't last long...but hey, love your finds, I'm sure there's plenty more to be found...ddf

digger dad

May 6, 2016
Va
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds ! Really like the barrel spigot..

terpfan

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Maryland/ NC
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice collection of colonial history. My hats off to you for braving the heat and humidity. My favorite is the barrel tap. I can't remember the last posted barrel tap that was completely intact. They are virtually always broken. I've assumed that we find these taps in pieces because they had been broken and discarded. It makes me wonder how your barrel tap was lost. I certainly must have been a valuable piece of hardware in its day.

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love the barrel spigot, congratulations on that and the coppers. Thank you for sharing.

ajaj

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2012
Orange, Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Minelab eTrac
Minelab Excalibur 8"
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
George II! Always a great sign.

aj

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds man! Love to have a hunt like that!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Art,

That is one great looking spigot! The coins and other relics will be a great addition to your expanding collections, congratulations! :occasion14:

Regards,

Doc

Rustic

Jul 10, 2015
western MA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on the nice finds.That barrel tap is really artfully designed and beautifully made.

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like that place has some age. Keep hunting it Art. Congrats!

-Rob-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread