Coins stolen

Feb 27, 2006
Detector(s) used
Pulse Star II
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Oopps.

I put $1000 in halfs in the back of the cab of the truck, meaning to deposit them. Unfotunately, I missed the banking hours that day and the next. I was up at my warehouse unloading and loading things from the truck. When I got home, I noticed the coins gone. Somebody snagged them between loads.

They were both skunk boxes, oh well. This kind of puts a damper on the hobby.

Upvote 0

honcho

Jul 25, 2007
Scappoose, OR
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Thats aweful!! I would be totally bummed. I would report it to the police and maybe the banks can watch for someone bringing in a large amount?? Although this could back fire if you order and try to return more...

Christine

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
That's awful TMH.

If you believe in karma, they will get their just desserts................and you a windfall.

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
That sucks! Who in their right mind would steel a box of half dollars? I mean comeon, seriously. If I were you I would call the police... and the banks and have them keep an eye out for someone depostiting or exchanging $1000 in halves with your rolls.

-CC

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Oh man...

That idiot may have gotten tired and started spilling a trail of halves - more likely he just tossed them in his own truck. Can you find out who was at the dock when you were?
That takes some big ba!!s to rifle through the cab of someones truck.
$1000 ain't nothin to sneeze at - felony theft.
Hope you find a BU seated half and 100 walkers in your next box - may help cover some of the loss.

Sheldius

Mar 15, 2007
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Minelab E-trac, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a total bummer. So sorry to hear about it.

You should definetly report that to the police, and then your car insurance company if you have comprehensive coverage. $1000 is probably above most people's deductable. Also check with any home owners insurance as well. They sometimes cover stuff like that.

Also, were you on a job site? Might be able to recover some of the money through your employer's insurance.

Just my thoughts and hoping you can get at least some of it back. Its a hassle, but much better to have your hunting cash back.

Good Luck.

OP
OP
T
Feb 27, 2006
Detector(s) used
Pulse Star II
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I did report it to the county sheriff, got the case number, etc.

The Deputy said there was little to go on. The best I could do it relay the theft onto the local banks and ask them to report anyone depositing that amount who normally doesn't deposit halfs.

THe deputy and I figured the theif had about 60-120 seconds to walk up, grab the two bags and walk away before I returned for the next load. I do have to give the thief credit, he had balls.

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Welcome Back!

Patrick Earl Houston said:
Got caught slippin'!!! Some ya'll folks had come to da game, but fo'got da fear, knowin' it ain't all to da good, ya' can get from here!

Glad to see you back - had any luck lately?

killerwine

Feb 24, 2005
Visalia, CA
Hey Texas...were the coins in the cab of your truck? 1-2 minutes to get in and out sounds like an inside job to me...Anyone at the warehouse know you CRH? Let me know if you find out who it was and we can go get the Bas@#$@rds! Sorry for your loss.... :-\

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2007
The silver gods can be angry gods, especially to one who interferes with coin roll hunting. The thief will get his comeuppance.

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow....I am so sorry to hear this TMH. I feel bad for you.

At the same time it aggravates me too that some people just have no respect for others property even though it wasn't locked away or whatever.

Keep your chin up TMH.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Texas, he don't have balls, he's just an ignorant maggot taking advantage of the efforts of others, kinda like the buzzards of society. If it was still okay to shoot the losers they wouldn't be so apt to take your stuff. The courts worry about them much more than the victims so they aren't afraid to get caught. They are inept at making their own way in life and have to depend on a hyena-like existance. God pitty the fool if the right person catches them. ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread