8/3 Box...so far so good

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
Usually I get my box on Thursday, but I waited until lunch today to get this week's box.

I opened it and check the top and bottom ends of the top layer, as well as the top end of the bottom layer.

Found a 1965 on the end of one roll, and a gold plated half on the end of another. I opened both rolls, and that was all their was. And the gold-plated one was a 1994, and only the reverse had gold plating on it. The obverse looked faintly like it had been plated at one time, but the only way one would know by looking at it would be by knowing the reverse was gold-plated (and faded also).

I will post an update later tonight or tomorrow afternoon once I go through the entire box.

At least I am not being skunked!
;D

Upvote 0

Sheldius

Mar 15, 2007
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Minelab E-trac, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a nice feeling. Good luck with the rest.

HH.

soldierman

May 18, 2006
MalteseFalcon

Your still getting brinks wrapped boxes? My last 2-3 have been wrapped really poorly. The wrapper is ofset so far to on end that some don't have enought paper left to really crimp. Some rolls can be pushed right out. I think our boxes come from the same place as I think we both got a box of 97D's in the CWI #94 flat boxes once.

OP
OP
MalteseFalcon

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
Could be. Still getting Brinks. Wrappers all look normal.
And no luck after the lone 40% half I found. Nothing remotely interesting. No errors, no funky messed up trash masquerading as a Kennedy half.
Oh, I guess there were a lot of slot halves.

But what the heck. That is one more 40% half I didn't have before!

And there is always next week!!!
;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread