Coinstar finds For May 2020

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IMG_0711.JPG Coinstar finds for may were decent....$2.57 in clad and a 1955 silver dime.

HuntH2002

Bronze Member
May 27, 2018
San Antonio, TX
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2015 Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100 // 2015 Bounty Hunter Ultra Mag Sharpshooter // 2019 Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Even a little silver makes it a decent month I’d say, :occasion14:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a 64 dime 3 years ago then goose eggs O

CalReg

May 3, 2020
San Jose, CA
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000, Simplex, Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like a solid month!

stephaniekadman

May 30, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What do you mean by coinstar finds? I know what a coinstar is and it just took my money and gave me the voucher lol

NSR60

Mar 26, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What do you mean by coinstar finds? I know what a coinstar is and it just took my money and gave me the voucher lol

Did you check the reject tray after? A lot of people don't, and that's where we come in, finding those left-behind coins that didn't go through. Other places to look are under and around the machine (gloves recommended, pandemic or no pandemic), on the shelf up front, and on the metal dumper. MonstaRules posted an excellent thread on search techniques, including possibly accessing the dirt cup inside.

For many people, grocery shopping hasn't been the same since they discovered that Coinstar can be beaten.

OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Even a little silver makes it a decent month I’d say, :occasion14:
Thanks HuntH…...

I found a 64 dime 3 years ago then goose eggs O
Keep at it Tommy, you're due for another silver coin. Hopefully soon.

Looks like a solid month!
Thanks CalReg…..

Coinstar Finds are simply coins that were found in the Coinstar machine's reject tray.

Did you check the reject tray after? A lot of people don't, and that's where we come in, finding those left-behind coins that didn't go through. Other places to look are under and around the machine (gloves recommended, pandemic or no pandemic), on the shelf up front, and on the metal dumper. MonstaRules posted an excellent thread on search techniques, including possibly accessing the dirt cup inside.

For many people, grocery shopping hasn't been the same since they discovered that Coinstar can be beaten.
These coins came from the reject tray.....I've laso found a number of coins on the floor in front of the machine that people have dropped and coins that were laying on the shelf of the machine.

stephaniekadman

May 30, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to know, I have always checked after but never thought to see what they were. Thanks guys!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread