Coinstar Finds

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only one this time but she's a beauty. Wouldn't mind being on a sailboat in the Cayman's right about now.

Attachments

• Scan0091.jpg
    Scan0091.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 111
  • Scan0092.jpg
    Scan0092.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 120

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The year ends with an unusual find, any ideas? (it's the size of a quarter)

Attachments

• Scan0089.jpg
    Scan0089.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 630
  • Scan0090.jpg
    Scan0090.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 647

BRChiver

Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The year ends with an unusual find, any ideas? (it's the size of a quarter)

Nice way to end the year! I have no idea what this is but it's pretty cool.
HH!
BRChiver

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This quintet of abandoned goodies is my first find of 2014. The 2012 Canadian dime and 2013 Aussie five cents are new to my collection. :icon_thumright:

Attachments

• Scan0091.jpg
    Scan0091.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 149

insontis

Aug 27, 2013
Blue Springs, MO
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think my oldest find was a steel wheatie last year. Best find.. not sure. Found a bunch of foreign coins, bunch of clad, no silver coins. I did find a St Peter/ St Paul charm that the machine pretty much ruined. The piece is stamped italy and I think is silver plated copper. I did find a small sterling earring with, at best, 9 tiny diamond chips.

crhgymnast1

Jun 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think my oldest find was a steel wheatie last year. Best find.. not sure. Found a bunch of foreign coins, bunch of clad, no silver coins. I did find a St Peter/ St Paul charm that the machine pretty much ruined. The piece is stamped italy and I think is silver plated copper. I did find a small sterling earring with, at best, 9 tiny diamond chips.
my oldest find from coinstar was a 1914 Italian 5 centismira

insontis

Aug 27, 2013
Blue Springs, MO
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! I'd love to find some early 1900 coins. Today only found a 1988 nickel, but apparently someone tried to smash it with some kind of machinery. I say that because the face and reverse are pressed in and the edges of the coin are raised about a mm. Only weighs about 4.9 grams now. Not the most unique find, but surely beats two pennies stuck together!

crhgymnast1

Jun 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! I'd love to find some early 1900 coins. Today only found a 1988 nickel, but apparently someone tried to smash it with some kind of machinery. I say that because the face and reverse are pressed in and the edges of the coin are raised about a mm. Only weighs about 4.9 grams now. Not the most unique find, but surely beats two pennies stuck together!

Haha I once found a quarter ground down. Ive also found 1 and only one silver dimes....... but I lost it

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a beautiful 2013 Loonie in the reject tray the other day, I like the new design.

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a clad dime and six zincolns today, and all the pennies were "in the gap", perilously close to falling into the counter mechanism. Getting good at rescuing these.

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find a fair amount of foreign coins and other stuff most times I am dumping coins into a machine. I used to post pics of the finds but haven't in a while and probably won't do again unless I score some Ag or something else interesting. If I posted all my random coin machine finds I would be uploading pics almost every day.

I put the Canadian, Euro, UK and Swiss coins into separate bags. I don't find much Swiss, but find Canadian, Euro and UK coins all the time. I also find other assorted world coins that I mix together in another bag. A handful of Chinese were some of my latest finds. Since a lot of the coins come off the magnet that grabs anything other than U.S. coins, I also find U.S. steel cents from time to time (found one this week).

One time I found a bunch of SBAs and gold-colored dollars (like $15 or so) in a reject tube, but most machines take these now.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I find a fair amount of foreign coins and other stuff most times I am dumping coins into a machine. I used to post pics of the finds but haven't in a while and probably won't do again unless I score some Ag or something else interesting. If I posted all my random coin machine finds I would be uploading pics almost every day. I put the Canadian, Euro, UK and Swiss coins into separate bags. I don't find much Swiss, but find Canadian, Euro and UK coins all the time. I also find other assorted world coins that I mix together in another bag. A handful of Chinese were some of my latest finds. Since a lot of the coins come off the magnet that grabs anything other than U.S. coins, I also find U.S. steel cents from time to time (found one this week). One time I found a bunch of SBAs and gold-colored dollars (like $15 or so) in a reject tube, but most machines take these now.
How do you get to the magnet or the reject tube?

SanMartian

Apr 15, 2013
Skunksville
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday I found a '46 p Rosie and 33 more cents in zinc and clad.

insontis

Aug 27, 2013
Blue Springs, MO
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday as I was walking to a thrift store I cut into the local grocery store. Walked in one set of doors, picked a Susan B. Anthony out of the reject slot, walked out the other set of doors. Easiest dollar ever.

fishwhacker

Oct 21, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm starting to look in coinstars out of habit as of this week. I had done it earlier as a kid but if I ever found silver I wouldn't have known it. Found a 1962 rosie today, sitting on the ledge of the machine along with 3 laundry detergent covered newer pennies. Went to a different store for something else and got my first wheat penny, a 1940D, from the change dispensing machine. Pretty cool!

whatpenny1.20coinstar.jpg wheatpenny-Coinstar11.20.jpg rosiecoinstar1.20#2.jpg Rosiecoinstar11.20.jpg

OP
OP
sagittarius98

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
How do you get to the magnet or the reject tube?

It depends on the machine. You really can't get to either in the coinstar. However, on most of the machines in my area, the steel cents and magnetic stuff just gets rejected into the regular slot. The reject area inside the machine is behind the plastic cover, so you can bend it slightly and recover some stuff (I only do it when I see silver). For bank machines, you can ask a teller and she/he may give the rejects to you for free.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ah ok, thanks. All I've found access to in my area is Coinstars. The bank machines around here are behind the teller counters.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread