Coinstar Finds

insontis

Aug 27, 2013
Blue Springs, MO
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man I was at work I was walking by the coinstar as someone was using it. I heard a reject went back 10minutes later and it was gone. The reject tray is in the middle of the coinstar correct?

Yes.

Here is one of my more heart-stopping finds. Found this sucker last night:

.5 gram 6.5 mm CZ
IMG_2796.JPG

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found these two today. The Euro will come in handy on our trip to Europe this summer. I've got about €6 and about £15 so far from coin roll hunting and dealers' cheap foreign coin bins at coin shows.,

Attachments

• image-2379249584.jpg
    image-2379249584.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 161

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
0326140032-00.jpg
The Jefferson Nickel I found in a parking lot yesterday. The rest are from Coinstar. The token is from the Indianapolis Children's Museum.

insontis

Aug 27, 2013
Blue Springs, MO
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of my better finds came a few days ago. 1985 one pound coin. Apparently it was too thick to be filtered through the machine. Still no silver yet..

blindbug

Oct 16, 2012
Louisville, KY
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stopped by the other day and found a Bundesrepublik 10 Pfennig Deutchsland coin... my first find at a coinstar that wasn't a washer. I also found... a washer. :tongue3:

OP
OP
sagittarius98

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Best investment ever. I saw a guy using a coinstar today. He reached down every time a coin hit the reject tray. And they hit a lot. I should have offered to buy what he had. Damn you, introverted self!

I've done that a few times, all but one worked. One person thought I was going to mug her or something so I just left.

insontis

Aug 27, 2013
Blue Springs, MO
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My best finds up to this point (finding at same time) were two pound coins and at another time two Eisenhower dollars. Tonight I may have just shattered that record. I still can't believe it, but I'm trying not to get too excited until I test it. When I reached into the machine tonight the first thing I pulled out was a battery. The next piece I reached for was odd shaped and when it came out I couldn't keep a grin off my face. It appears to be a men's monogram ring of some sort.. maybe a class ring. The back of the shank is bent up and either was from an ugly size job or god knows what. It is not magnetic and is fairly hefty.. I'm sure it weighs over five grams. Why is this exciting? Well.. the ring has a striking resemblance to yellow gold. I don't see any fading or discoloration (other than where it appears to be filth) and it appears to remain the same color in some scrapes inside the shank. I will test this as soon as I get home and upload a picture!

DaytonaRacer

May 21, 2013
NJ
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV,
Fisher F22,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Nince finds! The only coinstars near me are in the supermarkets right in front of all of the cashiers. I'll stop by the machines and casually look into the tray but I'm too self-conscious to reach inside and try to feel for anything furthe rup.

insontis

Aug 27, 2013
Blue Springs, MO
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nince finds! The only coinstars near me are in the supermarkets right in front of all of the cashiers. I'll stop by the machines and casually look into the tray but I'm too self-conscious to reach inside and try to feel for anything furthe rup.

That's exactly where this one is, but I work at the store and check it every night when I go in!

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scan0001.jpg
A couple of World Cup teams were trying to hide on the floor under the front of the Coinstar but I found em.
Brazil 5 centavos 2012 and Britain 20 pence 2009, both new to the collection. :icon_thumleft:

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have found at least 15 cz's loose. And i heard about a retired couple who pays for their retirement finding loose gems in mall parking lots.
Reminds me of a story in the NY Times about a guy finding diamonds in the streets of the diamond district in NY.

nube250

Aug 5, 2011
IL
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I checked one a few weeks ago, looking for a silver coins or something. . Low and behold a $5 bill sitting in it! I'd rather find a morgan but I'll take $5 all day:-)

Hunter612

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2013
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a 1996 cent and a 1988 nickel today. They are both very dirty.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this AU 59 1/2 silver Roosie in the Coinstar at Albertson's. I wonder how many times the guy ran it through before he realized it was "worthless"??? It was all alone in the reject slot. This is my 4th Coinstar silver - all Roosies.

Attachments

• image-3438592949.jpg
    image-3438592949.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 107

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread