SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! I also have to stick my fingers into the return of any coin counting machine to check for rejects. I've never gotten a silver quarter, but a few silver dimes and lots of foreign coins. Had a guy who posted here a few years back who pulled a gold coin out of one.

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll bet over the years I've pulled close to $50 bucks just from checking the coin return slots in newspapers and other type coin machines in front of places like Bob Evans, Denny's and other such places. In one newspaper machine I pulled out three quarters and three dimes (clad). The paper sold for .35 cents. What kind of yo-yo tries 3 times and never checked the return? My kind of people.

Just an hour or so ago, a man in Giants Supermarket was standing in front of a coinstar machine showing a cashier at least a dozen foreign coins he had just found there. I looked at them. Beats me. I believe one could have been a silver Mexican coin. Like I said, my kind of people.

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that quarter is really nice

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! I also have to stick my fingers into the return of any coin counting machine to check for rejects. I've never gotten a silver quarter, but a few silver dimes and lots of foreign coins. Had a guy who posted here a few years back who pulled a gold coin out of one.

I remember that post!!...and same here...ive gotten alot of rosies , but earlier this year i got my oldest Silver foreign coin from one

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/coin-roll-hunting/325152-why-you-check-reject-tray.html

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread