Coinstar holiday bonus? Opportunity?

Catcake

Oct 19, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I received an email from coinstar that says they will offer a $10 bonus on a $40 coin exchange if you select one of the partner gift cards.

So I was thinking, why not take my dump coins and make multiple $40 deposits, collect the $50 gift card to gap/old navy or where ever else, then sell them on feebay or CL. Probably wouldn't be too hard to pull off for a profit and it would give my dump banks a needed rest.

Anyone else ever try this when coinstar offers these type promotions?

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Why wouldn't you take free money when it is offered? I've done it in the past when I was getting gift cards for others. Nice thing about coinstar is that the coins dump in a bin. If the machine doesn't receive a large volume of deposits, then the coins will sit in the bin for a long time. Consequently, you are not having to look through your old dumps on your next hunts.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Why wouldn't you take free money when it is offered? I've done it in the past when I was getting gift cards for others. Nice thing about coinstar is that the coins dump in a bin. If the machine doesn't receive a large volume of deposits, then the coins will sit in the bin for a long time. Consequently, you are not having to look through your old dumps on your next hunts.

Not only that, but large bins mean that there is a smaller probability of the bins needing to be changed.

hokiemojo

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
did you get the email recently? I can't find anything about this promotion online and I didn't get the emails even though I'm registered.
Thanks!

OP
OP
C

Catcake

Oct 19, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the email about a week ago. I registered about three weeks ago. Maybe the promotion is tied to your state/region? I'm in central Texas. From email:

"As a MyCoinstar member, you're first to know! Starting Nov. 26th, you'll get an EXTRA $10 on your eGift Card when you cash in $40 or more for iTunes, Dell or Old Navy at participating Coinstar kiosks — NO FEE. So what're you waiting for? Search your couch, check every pocket, raid your car - even go to the bank! - and get more of what you love for the holidays. Offer ends Dec. 9th."

It's probably not worth the effort but any profit made could be my perfect excuse to buy one of those gram bars of gold or a silver round.

hokiemojo

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
thanks for the info! I'd be all over this in an instant if the deal held for amazon. The others, I'll have to think about. i love coinstar for smaller dumps.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
From email:

"As a MyCoinstar member, you're first to know! Starting Nov. 26th, you'll get an EXTRA $10 on your eGift Card when you cash in $40 or more for iTunes, Dell or Old Navy at participating Coinstar kiosks — NO FEE. So what're you waiting for? Search your couch, check every pocket, raid your car - even go to the bank! - and get more of what you love for the holidays. Offer ends Dec. 9th."

Itunes- you get music for free now-a-days.
Dell- Expensive, obsolete computers, if you got a $50 dell gift card for $30, you'd still be paying an arm and a leg.
Old Navy- good chance of selling it to people waiting in line on black friday.

I was pretty excited about this, until I saw the details you posted. if only they'd of picked Starbucks, or a grocery store, then it would not be bad.

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
check the various coinstars. Some have giftcards for amazon. And I am checking my Emails for my coinstar postings. an additional 10 dollars on coin returns would be sweet.

See ya,
Garoulady

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
check the various coinstars. Some have giftcards for amazon. And I am checking my Emails for my coinstar postings. an additional 10 dollars on coin returns would be sweet.

See ya,
Garoulady

The promotion is only valid for those 3 stores.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread