Coinstar Question

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
from what I heard, it depends on how the machine is setup. I've seen them kick out new pennies, nickels that are a little dirty, I even saw one kick out a half dollar

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
i know coinstar machines in my area do reject silver -- many other types of coin counters may do so also as well depending upon how the machines are set up -- it has to do with the weight and coin's metal make up -- my local coinstar counters read silver coins similar to the way a "slug" reads ie "wrong weight"-- as in being incorrect weight wize so it "rejects" them because its set up for "copper cored clad coins" (dimes and quarters) as the correct weight type of these coins *---that is why I always check the reject slot any time I walk by a "coinstar" machine

captainfwiffo

May 11, 2011
Southwest Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't rely on them for it, they just don't really seem all that accurate. The one I used kicked back 5% of the half dollars I fed it, even after feeding them through many times (it did accept some only on the second or third or fourth time through).

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
Dont know much about coinstar but i do know different machines can bet set to take or kick silver.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions