Coinstar Question

from what I heard, it depends on how the machine is setup. I've seen them kick out new pennies, nickels that are a little dirty, I even saw one kick out a half dollar

i know coinstar machines in my area do reject silver -- many other types of coin counters may do so also as well depending upon how the machines are set up -- it has to do with the weight and coin's metal make up -- my local coinstar counters read silver coins similar to the way a "slug" reads ie "wrong weight"-- as in being incorrect weight wize so it "rejects" them because its set up for "copper cored clad coins" (dimes and quarters) as the correct weight type of these coins *---that is why I always check the reject slot any time I walk by a "coinstar" machine

I wouldn't rely on them for it, they just don't really seem all that accurate. The one I used kicked back 5% of the half dollars I fed it, even after feeding them through many times (it did accept some only on the second or third or fourth time through).

Dont know much about coinstar but i do know different machines can bet set to take or kick silver.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back