Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While here at the Mayo Clinic, figured I'd hit the beach and give it a try... Too busy with appointments during the week while it was warm, cold front blew in and it barely reached 60 degrees today and the wind was blowing about 20 mph..
Took a little bit to figure the MXT out in the salt, finally flipped the salt switch and still wasnt sure if it was missing stuff or if the beach was just clean. Found a key to a Saturn, a pretty corroded piece of a necklace that was junk, then went up to the dry sand area and flipped back to ground and then started finding clad and of course, tons of bottle caps.. Ended up with $0.83 in clad and other misc. junk like a hair barrett, bottle opener, etc.. All in all a great day, as I learned a lot about the MXT and the sounds it makes..
But, that beach is sure picked over and CLEAN!... Saw 4 other MD'ers there, only talked to one, an 88 yr old fellow that searches every day.. Said he had "a coffee can full of gold jewelry" and it was kind of cute when he said "I should probably cash it in, gold is at $900/ounce now"... I told him it was pushing $1040 and his eyes lit up and he said "really, I guess I really need to cash it in then"...
Gonna try again tomorrow even though it is supposed to be in the 50's...

I sure love the MXT so far!

Upvote 0

allen

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2004
Shelbyville or any yard where the owner will let m
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i love seeing it when people in
florida says its cold here, its 60,
they would really cry when it gets
down to 15 or 20 like it does here.
Not trying to be mean, just think
it is funny to hear Floridans say that.

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job on gettin out... and yes it is COLD!!! :thumbsup:

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
allen said:
i love seeing it when people in
florida says its cold here, its 60,
they would really cry when it gets
down to 15 or 20 like it does here.
Not trying to be mean, just think
it is funny to hear Floridans say that.

You do realize that the vast majority of Floridians are not natives? Most are transplants that have come from northern latitudes. They remember the cold but have since grown accustomed to the southern exposure.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
praise god its finally cooling off !!! been 90+ till yesterday too dang hot for this time ofyear --even for florida --- I finally got out for some C W relic digging at last --- hit a 2 1/2 - 3 foot section of something long and made iron about 2 ft deep on a known CW action area -- dug down slowly and painfully * -- felt the "round item" -- visions of a gun barrel -- --nope a big hunk of "rebar" >:(

OP
OP
Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
allen said:
like i said, i wasnt trying to be mean, just think its funny. :laughing9:
you guys have a great day and best of luck on your hunts. :coffee2:
I know what you mean... Came here from Idaho where it gets below zero in the winter with harsh winds.. All relative though, you get acclimated to one area and then the area you came from seems harsh.. I spent many a day on rivers when it was so cold I couldnt keep the guides on my rod from freezing up and had to dunk the pole every few seconds to keep them ice free... And it didnt seem that bad... Now it would kill me!! LOL...

Back out today, will post how I do...

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
Silver Surfer said:
While here at the Mayo Clinic, figured I'd hit the beach and give it a try... Too busy with appointments during the week while it was warm, cold front blew in and it barely reached 60 degrees today and the wind was blowing about 20 mph..
Took a little bit to figure the MXT out in the salt, finally flipped the salt switch and still wasnt sure if it was missing stuff or if the beach was just clean. Found a key to a Saturn, a pretty corroded piece of a necklace that was junk, then went up to the dry sand area and flipped back to ground and then started finding clad and of course, tons of bottle caps.. Ended up with $0.83 in clad and other misc. junk like a hair barrett, bottle opener, etc.. All in all a great day, as I learned a lot about the MXT and the sounds it makes..
But, that beach is sure picked over and CLEAN!... Saw 4 other MD'ers there, only talked to one, an 88 yr old fellow that searches every day.. Said he had "a coffee can full of gold jewelry" and it was kind of cute when he said "I should probably cash it in, gold is at $900/ounce now"... I told him it was pushing $1040 and his eyes lit up and he said "really, I guess I really need to cash it in then"...
Gonna try again tomorrow even though it is supposed to be in the 50's...

I sure love the MXT so far!

nice hunt wish you the best and many more great times with your MXT

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread