Collateral Damage from Colonial Sites

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Hey, guys, what's up? :icon_scratch:

Over the past few weeks, I have been detecting like hell with my brother and uncle. We have hunted numerous sites and have found some nice artifacts, as all of you may already know of. :wink: :icon_sunny: The weather now, in PA, is super hot. I love it like this! :thumbsup: :icon_sunny: It makes boys into men and men into supermen. :wink: If you can't detect in the heat, you better take a seat! :thumbsup: :icon_sunny: :wink: :D

Back to my..er..post. I digress. <silly smile> :) :D Today was another one of those Colonial seeking adventures. We hit a new site that my brother had researched, but for the 1st time this year, got skunked. The site, as we consider and ponder, was hindered by natural and artificial occurences, so our coils weren't sweeping the site my bro had in mind. :tongue3: :wink: :D

Yeahhhh, we may not have found anything today, as in the form of coppas, but we did have a great time in the HEAT! :icon_jokercolor: :icon_king: :icon_queen: :icon_sunny: I love it! :icon_study: :icon_pirat: :D Oh, I didn't get totally skunked today. :tongue3: :tard: :D I did recover a 1926 Mercury dime at a depth of 8". :wink: Yes, with my analog machine punching suuuper deep today! :D :wink: :stop:

Before I conclude my story, I must add that my brother, who goes by the name of 'Colonial Zoyboy,' has been pounding the rasearch books. :icon_pirat: :icon_profileleft: :icon_profileright: He has pinpointed some GREAT sites for this coming fall. :P :'( 8) He also has some other AWESOME sites that we will hit until the crop is harvested. Let me tell you, folks, stay tuned-in! :wink: :D :thumbsup: :coffee2:

Keep the passion high! :thumbsup: :coffee2:

Kirk :coffee2:

P.S. Other coins: 1899 Indian Head and an 1859-1864 "Fatboy." ;D

Collateral_Damage001.jpg

Upvote 0

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No coppas? Oh well. At least you didn't give up. I was starting to wonder about all yall. :icon_scratch:

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dam ;D, looks like you were attacked by some Injuns and a wing-headed fairy LOL ;D ;D :D :wink: I KNOW with Zoyboy's research, the good stuff will be again flowing very sooon! Good Job my good friend ;D You're a right honorable gentleman as well for letting everyone know the power of analog!!

Josh

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
The three datectateer's definition of collateral damage: Coins that we don't look for, but we'll take when we find them. :wink:

"Silver is silver, boy," as stated by Larry Miller after he got back from the "Moose." :D :D :D

Lemony Snicket

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mercs and injuns? Who hunts for that crap?....Oh ya'...us silver huntin' fellers do ;D
Well...I'm a silverfreak so I gotta' say...Nice digs...whether you like 'em or not :D

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dudes, that is some Severe Damage there! I'm sure that shiny Merc will have a nice place beside the only other ONE you've ever found ;D

and those Injuns will join their FOUR bro's on your shelf. :thumbsup: And they'll both look longingly at the HUNDREDS OF COPPAS below. ;D

You're right about the heat. Get many ticks up there? They turn the datectateers into MEN too. :wink:

-Buck

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kirk the Merc!!! Way to go on that wilver & IH's. :thumbsup:
Your Bro will put you guys back in the zone soon I'm sure. As far as the heat, I'll stay a boy rather than a man. :wink: You can have it, I'm ready for the cold. NC cold that is. :tongue3:
Thanks for the post Dude,
MM

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Hey, buddy, your pic looks like my kind of finds! As long as your passion stays high, you will find the Colonials you so desire.

I'm glad you don't have to worry now about getting frostbite, at least until this winter. ;D

Take care, my friend from PA.

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice collateral damage you got there Kirk! :thumbsup: I haven't found any silver yet this year so I would definitely take that merc. I almost forget what silver looks like. To the best of my recollection its kind of silvery right? It's going to be 95 here tomorrow. Maybe I should get out for a hunt and turn myself into a man. :D :D ;D :o May the large coppas be plentiful at your next site. :icon_sunny:

PACO

Apr 1, 2007
Williamsport PA.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
YO KIRKIE, SILVERS SILVER BRO. NOT TO SHABBY ON THE FAT BOY TOO....PACO

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kirk thats still some good finds. I've got 60hrs in hunting time this year and only 1 indian and three silvers. You had some good hunting spots last year... maybe more coppers around there. Good luck to the colonial team. :thumbsup: :coffee2:

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Kirk, Those mercs always look sweet to me, and at 8 inches thats some good olde tyme detectin there.

You'll be back in the large coppas soon no doubt. Gregory, Santa Fe.

Derek752

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2006
Central,Ny
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
DANG a Kirk post got by me !!

I agree Kirk ...I LOVE the Heat...This past week I've listened to EVERYONE whine about the 90's up here...well Waaaa !! ( Waaaa said in Artie Lange style ) it sure beats the ice and snow !! and cant hunt in Jan - Feb - Mar Nor'Easters :dontknow:

As for Colonial research your brotha Kyle is unstoppable ! We can research and read and study all kinds of maps but bottom line is footwork and a bit of luck to find those sites !

A merc at 8 inches...you are one with your machine !

Staying tuned to the Coppa Channel :thumbsup:

Derek :blob9:

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting