Two Mercs collided with a Lincoln!

Ron B

May 11, 2007
Trinidad, Colorado
The last couple of days I've concentrated on our local courthouse in downtown Trinidad, Colorado!
I, along with everybody else would assume the grounds worked out as every VLF toting Dude has hit it and, hit it really hard!
This is not my first time to hunt the courthouse; I've been there no less than 3 times before! This time however I went, toting bigger guns! My Excelerator 14 inch round and Excelerator 10x14 made short work of the Courthouse's prime metal detecting area. The average depth of my targets was 8 to 10 inches! Today, I was lucky enough to find 2 Mercury Dimes (1941d & 1943-) in one hole along with a 1919 wheat! A 1942S Nickel was discovered not too far away. It's been a long time since I've found more than one silver in one hole! I found 5 other wheats; 1913, 1918, 1928, 1932, and 1951. The little door latch cover appears to be silver although there are no markings that I can see. I wonder why someone painted it? The little Black Knight firgurine was actually found several days ago but I failed to give a closeup of the little fella! The silver plated ring says Good Luck middle the horseshoe. The spoon is a little weird as it doesn't appear broken, just short? I also found a small caliber minnie ball; odd for sure along with several bullets, casings, hat pin, and pocket knife parts.

**I failed to mention I found another James E. Pepper token on the courthouse grounds!
A few of you may recall I found my first one several weeks ago on private property.
James E. Peppar was a maker of fine liquors.

Thank you for looking!
GRB

Attachments

• Assort-1200.JPG
    Assort-1200.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 383
  • Mercs1200.JPG
    Mercs1200.JPG
    153.9 KB · Views: 378
Upvote 0

alpha105

May 19, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a Jefferson you have by those mercs =)

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well heck GRB, you lucky dog, persistance paid off.. boy you sure did great.. silver silver and nickels too... wtg big time n super congrats too :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Ron B

Ron B

May 11, 2007
Trinidad, Colorado
Hello Guys & Gals!
Yes, what you see less most of the clad represents abou 11 hours of swinging! Thank Heaven it's been nice and cool here as we've had a cold front push through. After my hunt this morning, useing the 14 inch round I switched over to my 18 inch and made a quick pass over. I guess I did a pretty good job as I didn't find anything else but nails! :)

GRB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions