Collection dump score today - 12 SOLID ROLLS!

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Well.......sort of lol. Not the solid silver rolls most of us (including me) hope for. Just 12 unc mint rolls of mostly NIFC halves. I found a 2009 P & D set of these half dollar mint rolls at a bank a couple of years ago but those are the only other unc half dollar mint rolls I've ever found. I remember someone else found about twice as many of these mint rolls recently too.

I haven't checked lately but I'm guessing these sell on average for about $15 a roll on ebay. I'm not sure yet if I'll just hang on to them or try and flip them for a small quick profit. If these coins might be a little more popular this year since this year is the 50th anniversary of the JFK half dollar maybe now would be a good selling time. But if the Mint decides to stop minting half dollars sometime soon I'd be better off holding on to them for a while.

The dates are:

2001P & 2001D
2002P & 2002D
2003P & 2003D
2004P & 2004D (2 rolls from each mint)
2006P & 2006D

Well, no real solid roll score for me today, but maybe next time. :)

Attachments

• 12 US Mint half dollar rolls 4 -4-14.jpg
    12 US Mint half dollar rolls 4 -4-14.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 139
Upvote 0

Local_coins

Nov 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've gotten a few scores like this. Never quite as exciting as silver and eBay and PayPal is too expensive to make selling them worthwhile in my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

OP
OP
SilverFace

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
I've gotten a few scores like this. Never quite as exciting as silver and eBay and PayPal is too expensive to make selling them worthwhile in my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Yeah I was just having a little fun. If I don't keep them I might try CL or just check with my LCS. But Im somewhat of a coin hoarder so I may just hold on to them.

OP
OP
SilverFace

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
sell them on ebay! they will sell!!

Yeah I was just checking recent sold listings on ebay and similar rolls like these are selling for about $15 -$20 roll. But my usual preference is to buy on ebay and if I have any coins to sell I use CL. So if I decide to sell I might try CL first. I may not get as much on CL but I wont have the ebay/Paypal fees and shipping hassles/costs.

barneyb71

Mar 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Easy to say sell any of them but I would find myself hanging on to them. I picked up a 2008 D roll, I kept it. I have a mixed roll of NIFCs I'm keeping those too. Why doesn't a price guide have those coins being more valuable in price then say a 2000?

OP
OP
SilverFace

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Easy to say sell any of them but I would find myself hanging on to them. I picked up a 2008 D roll, I kept it. I have a mixed roll of NIFCs I'm keeping those too. Why doesn't a price guide have those coins being more valuable in price then say a 2000?

I've noticed that the online price guides I sometimes use show the '02's being the most valuable (just over 2 x fv) of all the "02-pres P & D NIFC's in MS60 condition. And the '03's seem to list for a little more than the '04's-present in the same condition. I'm not sure why except maybe just that they are a little older, but just being one or two years older doesn't seem like it should make that much difference. :icon_scratch:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions