Not open for further replies.

ConThe Bom

Banned
Nov 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
collectorconor's axe

Hi everyone
just want to say that I feel Treasurenet were a bit harsh on the user collectorconor, after all his find (bronze age axe) was banner worthy and it was removed ust because he mentioned it in a post in 2013, also I don't like how tnet brands people 'liars'.
Just want to say it was a brilliant find regardless, what to you guys think?

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please explain in more detail.
I find TNet to be one of the most lenient and "non-harsh" sites on the web.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
collectorconor, I saw you came back in under this Name.

I was hoping you were back to Apologize .

I see you have no feelings of Remorse

Do Not post any Finds ! We will Not trust you for 2 Years.

I will be Watching & one wrong word You will be banned again !

I Am a Reasonable Person, But again if you are not willing to accept responsibility and apologize,
You are not welcome here.

plain and Simple you Lied & were caught

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
it is a lie when you claim to have just found it and someone finds that you found it a year ago

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was removed because of the lies, it was originally posted a year ago....

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Something about coming back under a different name and trying to stand up for himself (but making us think that he does not know Collectorconner), meanwhile pretending he is new to Tnet, and making us think that he is not Collectorconor, and trying to back Collectorconor seems kind of messed up and definitely NOT honest (the whole reason his banner was taken away and he was banned was due to lack of honesty) I think it just proved the moderator's point.

Also, If you want to come back with out anyone knowing it's you, try using a diferent name, your original name is Collectorconner, your new name is ConThe Bom, they both have the name Con (Which is an abbreviation for the name Connor in it)

That find is worthy of banner, but the problem is that you posted it in "My Best Finds" and almost no finds in there get banner, that is for finds from the past that are truly outstanding to the poster. I also noticed the photo was taken on June 11th 2013, but the find was posted in November 2013, I know you said that your camera has the wrong date on it, but after already recycling something once, we can't be sure that that photo was not originally taken in June 11th 2013, and the post in November 2013 was already a lie, the Collectorconnor states that he found the axe on "Thursday Morning" and if the photo was taken on June 11th 2013 (Which we are not sure of) it would already be a lie.

Coinman123,

Last edited:

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ridiculous...go away dude. There are far too many savvy folks on this site to try and pull something like that off. :nono:

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think we can all agree that this is a fantastic find. It's sad that more people didn't recognize it as such when it was originally posted.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone
just want to say that I feel Treasurenet were a bit harsh on the user collectorconor, after all his find (bronze age axe) was banner worthy and it was removed ust because he mentioned it in a post in 2013, also I don't like how tnet brands people 'liars'.
Just want to say it was a brilliant find regardless, what to you guys think?
Whoops! ConThe Bom......hmmm
collector con or....hmmmmm See the "con" ?
IP is the same, maybe his dad standing up for him?

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think we can all agree that this is a fantastic find. It's sad that more people didn't recognize it as such when it was originally posted.
Or just didn't see it.Allot of times banners are up before I even catch the thread.Of course I am not the swiftest person.It is a awesome find.It's all good Conner,.Try it again and jeff will track you down and cut off your hunting trigger finger. ;D.HH man

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Original post Nov 03, 2013, 09:32 AM in Best Finds http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/m...oldest-metallic-find-ever-bronze-age-axe.html

Untitledtody.jpg

reposted Nov 07, 2014, 01:44 PM In Today's Finds
with I am over the moon and ive just found myself a new prized possession!!
hello2.gif

By the way excuse the date on the last photo, camera date is wrong

Untitledyy.jpg

if not a Lie , What is it ?

Recycling ? :tongue3:

again, You owe Our members a "Real Apology"

Last edited:

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Original post Nov 03, 2013, 09:32 AM in Best Finds http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/m...oldest-metallic-find-ever-bronze-age-axe.html

View attachment 1078070

reposted Nov 07, 2014, 01:44 PM In Today's Finds

View attachment 1078071

if not a Lie , What is it ?

Recycling ? :tongue3:

again, You owe Our members a "Real Apology"
It's not that big of a deal, in my opinion, and it's just MY opinion. I understand others feel differently.

The find deserved to be on the banner in 2013 when it was first posted. collectorconor posted in "My Best Finds" instead of "Today's Finds" and his thread didn't see enough traffic to get it on the banner. I know I didn't see it the first time. I am glad I got the opportunity to see it this time around and I probably wouldn't have if it wasn't (briefly) on the banner. It is a fantastic find.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just my opinion, for me nothing in future will qualify as the story and find will always be called into question.....

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
point is still He lied & posted a year old find in Today's Finds as a recent find.

Banners & How they work

even if the Banner was for Best finds Ever...
a lie still calls everything into Question.
Especially when the person
still denies Lying

Banner is not for best fish story Either :unhappysmiley:

and at this point I hope a thorough check of the Net
won't produce the pics with someone else's name to them

Last edited:

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He lied about when he found it. Who is to say he is lying about finding it at all

Someone needs to do a reverse Google image search to see if the pics pop up anywhere else

Sod Buster

Jun 14, 2014
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, White's Bullseye TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my opinion the November 2013 thread would be in question as well. If he found it in November of 2013, why would one of the pictures in his 2014 thread have a date from June of 2013. He conveniently said to ignore that little detail.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my opinion the November 2013 thread would be in question as well. If he found it in November of 2013, why would one of the pictures in his 2014 thread have a date from June of 2013. He conveniently said to ignore that little detail.

& why is that one the Only Pic with a Date, other then it was taken with a different Camera ?
So why the different Camera ? if that is the reason

Untitlediu.jpg

of course he may have told the truth about the cameras date being off but,
will we ever know for sure ?

Last edited:

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, now that things went the way they did, I can say something that I held back from the "Banner" post because I didn't want to ruin his limelight.
To all of you North Americans that responded to that post and were saying things like "I'm drooling over that axe.....I wish we had something that old like you guys do over the pond....blah, blah."
We do have something that old here in North America. In fact, we have something much older than U.K.'s bronze age. Try looking up "Copper Culture" on the Internet and give our continent some credit for having metal workers that predate Europe's metallurgy.
I'm not saying it isn't a great find regardless of when and how he found it. I just don't think many realize the history we have here on this continent.
Our archaic copper tools are older than Egypt and Mesopotamia!
As for the banner....it's pretty sad when someone has to go to this extent to make it up there. Makes me think one isn't much of an accomplished hunter when they need to make the banner to validate themselves.
Oh well, I guess a lot of people have insecurities. There, I got mt two cents worth. :laughing7:
Cheers,
Dave.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
collectorconor, I saw you came back in under this Name.

I was hoping you were back to Apologize .

I see you have no feelings of Remorse

Do Not post any Finds ! We will Not trust you for 2 Years.

I will be Watching & one wrong word You will be banned again !

I Am a Reasonable Person, But again if you are not willing to accept responsibility and apologize,
You are not welcome here.

plain and Simple you Lied & were caught

So why isn't his new account banned also? I thought sock-puppet accounts were not allowed, especially for someone who was under a ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread