Bronze Member
May 1, 2010
South Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, MX7, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a combination of a bunch of hunts. This is just some of the finds. The big cut 1784, 8 reale was from yesterdays hunt on a new 50 acre field. A 1740s 1/2 reale was also found with lots of smalls. The little figurine was a surprise, when I cleaned the dirt off and realized that the end was near, I had a great laugh. This little novelty had to of created lots of giggles. The story as to how I received permission to hunt the 50 acres was pure luck. I was hunting with SouthJerseyJim in the fields I found three years ago. Since the deep turning of the fields many buttons and Jim's first gold coin was found. Jim was leaving early that day and we headed for the trucks. After saying are goodbys Jim pulled away and I was staying for a few more hours of hunting. I replenished my water and closed my truck door. That is when I realized I just locked myself out. After cursing out loud at myself I called Jim up and he returned with a hanger and after a little work the door was opened and he was on his way. I started for the top of the field and was about a 150 yards away from my truck when I noticed a police car pulled behind my truck. I turned off my detector and started walking back to the truck. Half way there another police car pulls up behind my truck. Right about then I was like oh crap is my truck illegally parked. When I got closer I noticed the one officer had a jimmy in his hand to open my truck. I thanked them and informed them that we had opened the door. That is when all the questions started and after showing them different styles of buttons and watch winders they were very intrigued, I figured what the heck and asked if they knew of any properties that I could possibly hunt. The officer said he had fifty acres and a neighbor with 40 acres that I could hunt. Then he went on and gave me the number and name of another farmer with 300 acres. It just so happens there were 6 homesteads in the early 1800s and most likely earlier, 1720s and up on those empty fields. I purchased two pints of shucked oysters for both farmers. I met the officer at his farm early in the morning and it was a beautiful farm. I do have to say he turned out to be the nicest family farmer guy. I will be heading back after the weekend. Still waiting for my first colonial gold.

Attachments

• all.jpg
    all.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 261
  • top.jpg
    top.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 264
  • middle.jpg
    middle.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 276
  • bottom.jpg
    bottom.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 300
  • 8 1.jpg
    8 1.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 254
  • 8 2.jpg
    8 2.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 235
  • the end.jpg
    the end.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:
Upvote 29

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I could redirect some of the heat coming off some those coils making the good finds lately....there's hope for us!

Monday night I'll be able to show everyone what a cold coil produces! ....that's if I even get out of the frozen stage and into the finds zone.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can I be your hunting buddy?! :laughing7:

Congrats on all your finds and hunts...looking forward to your hunts this summer.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Fantastic hunt(s)! Congratulations on the very interesting relics. Thank you for sharing.

WildWildBill

Banned
Jan 1, 2015
Orange Park, Fl
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 950/White's Bullseye pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a combination of a bunch of hunts. This is just some of the finds. The big cut 1784, 8 reale was from yesterdays hunt on a new 50 acre field. A 1740s 1/2 reale was also found with lots of smalls. The little figurine was a surprise, when I cleaned the dirt off and realized that the end was near, I had a great laugh. This little novelty had to of created lots of giggles. The story as to how I received permission to hunt the 50 acres was pure luck. I was hunting with SouthJerseyJim in the fields I found three years ago. Since the deep turning of the fields many buttons and Jim's first gold coin was found. Jim was leaving early that day and we headed for the trucks. After saying are goodbys Jim pulled away and I was staying for a few more hours of hunting. I replenished my water and closed my truck door. That is when I realized I just locked myself out. After cursing out loud at myself I called Jim up and he returned with a hanger and after a little work the door was opened and he was on his way. I started for the top of the field and was about a 150 yards away from my truck when I noticed a police car pulled behind my truck. I turned off my detector and started walking back to the truck. Half way there another police car pulls up behind my truck. Right about then I was like oh crap is my truck illegally parked. When I got closer I noticed the one officer had a jimmy in his hand to open my truck. I thanked them and informed them that we had opened the door. That is when all the questions started and after showing them different styles of buttons and watch winders they were very intrigued, I figured what the heck and asked if they knew of any properties that I could possibly hunt. The officer said he had fifty acres and a neighbor with 40 acres that I could hunt. Then he went on and gave me the number and name of another farmer with 300 acres. It just so happens there were 6 homesteads in the early 1800s and most likely earlier, 1720s and up on those empty fields. I purchased two pints of shucked oysters for both farmers. I arrived at the farm and met the officer at his farm. I do have to say he turned out to be the nicest family farmer guy. I will be heading back after the weekend. Still waiting for my first colonial gold.

Your in a good area I think. That colonial gold will come when you least expect it. I would love to find some cut silver like that.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, now that's a plate full of finds to drool over! Love the silvers and the masonic suspender buckle from the 1830s. Is the square piece in the 10 o'clock position over the mercury dimes made of silver?

-Buck

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great assortment of finds on the plate, liking many different pieces. Congrats on the big silver and the small ones as well. Good luck on the new permissions, hope they produce some great finds for you.

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dang bud.. That's a pile.. Congrats on the cut reale!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Man what a pile of relics and coins! Love it when a site produces like that, plus you know there's gotta be more no matter how many times you've hunted it. Good luck next time out.

OP
OP
artyfacts

artyfacts

Bronze Member
May 1, 2010
South Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, MX7, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you everyone for your very nice comments. I have had a wonderful short season this year. I will keep hunting until the heat and bugs drive me to the breezy beaches at night, very fortunate to have a giant sandbox blocks away for the hot summer months. Wanted to post a few more pics of a few items. The 1 1/2 inch square low silver content block depicts a lion with mountains in the background, self explanatory. It has roman numerals cut into the back as does one of the silver buckle pieces. Missing are a 1776 1 reale, and a beautiful 1838 seated half dime. Hopefully something good turns up and I will see you here.

Attachments

• 20140513_122128-crop.jpg
    20140513_122128-crop.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 52
  • 20140514_091705-crop.jpg
    20140514_091705-crop.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 77
  • 20140520_140040-crop.jpg
    20140520_140040-crop.jpg
    494.1 KB · Views: 83
  • 20140522_113939-crop.jpg
    20140522_113939-crop.jpg
    756.5 KB · Views: 85
  • cats-crop.jpg
    cats-crop.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 86
  • Odd Fellows Cap Badge-horz.jpg
    Odd Fellows Cap Badge-horz.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 86
  • Porcelain Novelty.jpg
    Porcelain Novelty.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 44
  • 20150502_112153-crop.jpg
    20150502_112153-crop.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 87
  • My Project.jpg
    My Project.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dig like there is no tomorrow ,wait looks like a helluva lot of digging already.nice assortment,vanzutphen

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread