Colonial Buckles..Very Nice Large Batwing...Buttons...And a toasty George II

Brian W

Nov 9, 2007
I went to a spot i found last year...It was already hunted so i didnt spend too much time there...I decided to go back and take my time working the cellars and pastures...The place is huge...We found a great spot with some targets..All from 1700's :icon_thumleft: I found this sweet Batwing buckle, Its huge 3 1/2 X 2 1/2..Found some nice Dandy buttons and a cuff size tombac...I found one coin a toasty George II...My hunting buddy found a 1723 Woods Hibernia and a 1787 conn copper :icon_thumleft: ...We were so frustrated because the other detectorists didnt fill there holes :nono:...We filled in alot but there are tons...People who see us there will think we did it, And we always fill our holes...Anyways here are the finds :thumbsup:

Attachments

• group.jpg
    group.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 818
  • buckles.jpg
    buckles.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 857
  • george obv.jpg
    george obv.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 803
  • george rev.jpg
    george rev.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 783
Upvote 0

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuckleBoy said:
(I still think they're 1700s finds, and this grouping supports that.)

I wouldn't be surprised if the buckle is 1700s but the finds don't really support anything. The site could be 1815. (The buckle is closer to 1800 than it is 1700 I bet) :wink: The Georgie definitely wasn't lost in the mid. 1700s and the CT puts the site at least 1787. (only 13 years away) Don't get me wrong it's an old site, but very few digs from a site that went into the early 1800s site can easily turn up the same stuff.

One of the best signs for me that I'm at a good early site is we're digging lots of buttons and none have backmarks. If that happens good stuff is on the way, or has already been dug. Unfortunately most of our sites go into the 1800s, with the mojority of years being 1800s, but like I said older stuff still turns up.

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are the best buckles i have seen in awhile posted that bat wing is prefect and a toasted KG is the norm :thumbsup: :icon_thumleft: Great digs Dd60

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread