Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My buddy finnaly made it out from Ohio to do some hardcore New England Cellar Hole Hunting! We almost flipped his S.U.V, He crawled into a cubby hole with a glow stick that illuminated several venemous spiders, We got turned around in a briar field and had to rely on the compass to point us back to his vehicle, but it was all worth it....He was able to witness me pull this CT copper and other relics, but unfortunately Mark didnt' find any Coins or buttons, but he did get a nice tick bite and some really impressive square nails.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    456.5 KB · Views: 667
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    136.5 KB · Views: 660
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 657
Upvote 0
U

umrgolf

Wow, youre having a great run with some high quality early coinage :headbang:

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great copper...got 2 now myself but your detail is better

congrats

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another nice Copper Sniffy!! OK, the coin is a Miller 33.37-Z.9 variety. Not sure what the current rarity is, I have seen Very Scarce, but also Rare, so maybe recently (in the last few years it dropped to the Very Scarce as shown on Coinfacts. :icon_scratch: Much better than a Very common variety and in decent condition to boot. :thumbsup:

http://www.coinfacts.com/colonial_c..._coppers/1787_ct_copper_miller_33.37_Z.09.htm

CT coppers at times are very hard to say with certainty, not all symbols are showing thru the dirt on the coin, so I am 99% 100% sure (verified by several CT collectors) it is this variety.
Take a look and compare. REV: Look at the :* positioning in relation to the exactness for a match. Look at the leafs how they match, the arm pointing to the E . Compare the date numbers, height relation to each other and the line, the pole should be pointing between 1 and 7.

Obv, compare the positioning of the symbols.

I used the Whitman Encyclopedia of Colonial and Early American Coins for the ID, then went to Coin facts to verify.

Don

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another great copper Sniffy ! Too bad about Mark :-[ :-[ ;D Sounds like a fun hunt !! Congrads !! MaineRelic.

foundation hunter

Jun 2, 2009
Terryville
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Jess,real nice copper i love finding those conns with that real nice patina,that always makes me wonder about who dropped that coin.
Nice Find Gary

RJH02

Dec 30, 2007
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Silver umax w/ 7in Deep Search Wide scan coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds. Almost flipped the SUV? Was it on 3 wheels? 2 wheels? 1? Sounds like fun!

KRAZYHORSES

Aug 17, 2010
nice hunt sniffy!! real good finds ! to bad about your friend not finding anything but ticks have fun good luck and keep digging krazyhorses

heepiepow

Aug 27, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds and sounds like a great adventure! Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger (and more likely to find more coins!)

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not bad at all Sniffy. That CT is in great shape. :icon_thumleft:

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good find great detail one day i will find one here its only 20 miles across the Sound to Conn. Good hunt :thumbsup: Jim

bootyhoundpa

Oct 1, 2010
Detector(s) used
excal-1000,sov-gt,5900di-pro,gta-1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
never saw a connec copper in better condition... nice..

OP
OP
Sniffy

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
umrgolf2010 said:
Wow, youre having a great run with some high quality early coinage :headbang:
Thanks man! I've been on a pretty good hot streak I suppose.

OP
OP
Sniffy

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
Great coin! :thumbsup: And lots of detail so easy to ID.
IP this has to be my nicest colonial yet....This copper didn't even have a green crust, just dirt.

OP
OP
Sniffy

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don in SJ said:
Another nice Copper Sniffy!! OK, the coin looks like a Miller 33.37-Z.9 variety. Not sure what the current rarity is, I have seen Very Scarce, but also Rare, so maybe recently (in the last few years it dropped to the Very Scarce as shown on Coinfacts. :icon_scratch: Much better than a Very common variety and in decent condition to boot. :thumbsup:

http://www.coinfacts.com/colonial_c..._coppers/1787_ct_copper_miller_33.37_Z.09.htm

CT coppers at times are very hard to say with certainty, not all symbols are showing thru the dirt on the coin, so I am 99% sure it is this variety.
Take a look and compare. REV: Look at the :* positioning in relation to the exactness for a match. Look at the leafs how they match, the arm pointing to the E . Compare the date numbers, height relation to each other and the line, the pole should be pointing between 1 and 7.

Obv, compare the positioning of the symbols.

I used the Whitman Encyclopedia of Colonial and Early American Coins for the ID, then went to Coin facts to verify.

Don
Once again Don you have helped tremendously. Thanks a million.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread