Colonial Digs - 3 KGII And A Bunch Of Musketballs

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While Patriot stole the show with the numbers, I had an enjoyable outing as well. Would have been skunked for coins if not for the three KG II coppers that came up back to back to back in about a 2 foot square! Also couldn't seem to find many buttons for the life of me, I was too busy digging musketballs and other junk down a foot or more! Lots of potential for a return trip, and some new sites on the horizon, so can't wait to see what pops out next.
IMG_6627.JPG
IMG_6628.JPG
IMG_6631.JPG
IMG_6632.JPG

Upvote 13

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that the first time you guys have been back there? I don't recall any coins on the day I got my trade axe?

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of targets there. The three KGs back-back-back must have been a nice little rush. Too bad there wasn't an early silver with them.

OP
OP
Hunthicks

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that the first time you guys have been back there? I don't recall any coins on the day I got my trade axe?

We've been back there since but in the other fields at the top mostly. There were a few coppers that day, and a beat up vicky fishscale. Actually the fishscale was another day there I think. Didn't realise that was five years ago!

Last edited:

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah those Geo II's sure make you think if they were missed then what else is in that field...I did better in numbers this time around but I think that's God making it up to me for you finding that gold coin right in front of me..... LOL

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hunthicks cherry picked them before you got there...the upper field did contain a lot more coins than I would've thought too...

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of good detail hiding on them coppers for sure...great score.:thumbsup:

SS

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow - that's double digit coppers between the two of you in just a single hunt. With all those targets there has to be many more nice finds to be made, and hopefully some of it will be of the silver variety.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A KGII triple header!!! Great spot you were on, I bet there's more in there awaiting rescue

Congrats!

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great day !!! :thumbsup:

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was on cloud nine finding one KGII . I cant imagine finding three back to back . Cheers :occasion14:

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice ... I was on cloud nine with one KGII I cant imagine three back to back to back

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing wrong about by only finding 3 big coppers, Awesome day any day!!

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Somebody had a good day,vanzutphen

OP
OP
Hunthicks

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow - that's double digit coppers between the two of you in just a single hunt. With all those targets there has to be many more nice finds to be made, and hopefully some of it will be of the silver variety.
I'm sure there was lots more there, Patriot hit his little honey hole along the fields edge, and we found some signs in the woods/tall grass surrounding the fields as well. I'm sure there must be a silver hiding there!

Those guys had money to lose, hope there's a few more for you to find!

Nice to see some old coppers popping put!
Sure was, been a while since I dug a few Georgies all at once! Seems a lot of what we end up with lately is early 1800s stuff.

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
I'm sure there was lots more there, Patriot hit his little honey hole along the fields edge, and we found some signs in the woods/tall grass surrounding the fields as well. I'm sure there must be a silver hiding there!

Sure was, been a while since I dug a few Georgies all at once! Seems a lot of what we end up with lately is early 1800s stuff.

George's are George's and tokens are tokens, it's the mix that gets me excited sometimes. Get to that right age where coins became scarce and the diversity starts to show, it seems you never know what might show up; that's when the the oddballs and the rarer things show their faces and things become very interesting. But, to have a day of plucking old coppers is a thrill all it's own!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread