Colonial Dwelling Yields Colonial Coppa

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Forum Members: :thumbsup:

Hey, dudes, today's forecast was forecasted to be a "Sunny" day :tongue3: :D, so being the true die-hard that I am, I got out for some treasure hunting. As all of you dudes may know, I got out yesterday with Colonial Silver Zeus and Colonial Zoyboy, but today they could not grace me with their essence. :D Guess where I was heading? "Yup. Yup." The "Old Colonial Road" would be detected by Colonial KirkPA today! :thumbsup:

Before I left, I told Colonial Zoyboy, "I ain't no pumpkin pie. I am a coppa guy." :tongue3: :D LMAO I headed out the door with the typical treasure hunting smile. :) :D

Upon entering the site (no, it isn't an inside place), I headed for an area that I had my mind on. :tongue3: My goal today was to explore some new territory and hopefully, hit a voy-gin spot along the road. :headbang: With my analog machine all pumped up and ready to take assault on the field, I became John Walter. :headbang: :hello2:In my mind, I was saying stuff like this, "Go alllll year for a few coins, but they are super old. Look for pottery. Listen." :laughing3: :laughing11: After about 2 hours with nothing in my pouch, I kept on fighting with my usual Colonial passion.

Then, I started to get those nullings of my threshold. Yes, baby, IRON! I knew I had hit a homestead, so I slowed my sweep speed down and focused. I was sweeping the doyt when I got a nice hit. The signal was reading "S" on "Tabs." :headbang: The target was 3.5", so I dug some more doyt out and was welcomed with a GREEN disc! :angel4: :hello2: :headbang: Yeeaaaaaaahhhhhhh! I put it in my pouch and continued to sweep around the area. About 40 yards away from the coppa, I did hit on some numerous ferrous signals and felt inclined to dig one...out popped part of a horseshoe. I am thinking that this was the barn area. It was a pleasure detecting the site of a Colonial dwelling. :blob5:

Once I got home, I got the coppa out and studied the features on it. As you may know, this farm treats the coppas very poorly, but I saw some details! After some further analysis, it is a King George III. My coin is 6.65 grams and 28.2 mm in diameter...typical of a King George III coppa! In the picture, look closely, you will notice the bust facing right! :thumbsup: :icon_sunny: Colonials!!! :thumbsup:

Yup, this site has been good to me lately. ;D It is a fight to find the productive areas, but when you do, it is suuuupppper fun. :thumbsup:

Keep the Colonial passion high! :wink: :D ;D

Kirk :thumbsup:

coppa003.jpg

Upvote 0

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kirk (the King of coppas) You are off to a great start for 2008 ! I so look forward to all of your upcoming

finds . Go get em ! Gregory, Santa Fe.

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Kirkie Jerkie, you made up for not being able to go next Sunday. As John Walter would state, "Yup, yup, that is what I am after. 1700s, yup! :D" You are a true pro at listening for them whispers. :D

Oh, put 49 more of those coppas into your pocket, and you would have the equivalency of a 1774 two reales. OOOF :D ;D :icon_queen: ;D ;D :D ;D ;D ;D :D :coffee2: :icon_sunny: :D ;D

Snicket

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Gregory said:
Kirk (the King of coppas) You are off to a great start for 2008 ! I so look forward to all of your upcoming

finds . Go get em ! Gregory, Santa Fe.

Hey, thanks for the reply, man! I am starting off the year decently!

Gotta love those KG IIIs! :wink: :D

Kirk

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Colonial Zoyboy said:
Kirkie Jerkie, you made up for not being able to go next Sunday. As John Walter would state, "Yup, yup, that is what I am after. 1700s, yup! :D" You are a true pro at listening for them whispers. :D

Oh, put 49 more of those coppas into your pocket, and you would have the equivalency of a 1774 two reales. OOOF :D ;D :icon_queen: ;D ;D :D ;D ;D ;D :D :coffee2: :icon_sunny: :D ;D

Snicket

Zoy,

That wilver coin is still getting me pumped! I know there are a few of those waiting at the "Old Colonial Road" site!

You and Zeus will probably find a pistareen on Sunday! :D

The coppas off of this farm are always barely identifiable. "Typical." :tongue3: :D Give me Colonials!!! :thumbsup: :icon_jokercolor:

Kirk

wyattrr

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2008
Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unbelievable...At it again are you...You sure got a nose for Scoring Coppas...Swing away, I look forward to your net post. HH

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
wyattrr said:
Unbelievable...At it again are you...You sure got a nose for Scoring Coppas...Swing away, I look forward to your net post. HH

Thanks, man, I have been hitting on the coppas lately! Last Monday I got a King George II.

Keep the passion high! :thumbsup:

Kirk :coffee2:

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Colonial Silver Zeus said:
Kirky Wirky
You are getting so good at finding Coppas that you are beginning to get a green tinge to yoself.
OOOOOOOOF
Nice find KOIKY
Uncle Zeus

CSZ,

This site is still producing some nice coins! Like I said before, it is really huge, so it is difficult to find the good areas.

You and Kyle have to strike some ancient coins this coming Sunday!

I got my Colonial fix for the week. :thumbsup:

Kirk :coffee2:

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep seeing the colonials but where is the coronet largie Kirk? :tongue3: :dontknow: I could have sworn I ordered one. I think I'm going to file a report with the better business Bureau.

Keep up the good work Kirk. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Evolution said:
I keep seeing the colonials but where is the coronet largie Kirk? :tongue3: :dontknow: I could have sworn I ordered one. I think I'm going to file a report with the better business Bureau.

Keep up the good work Kirk. :thumbsup:

Evo,

Hey, bud, what's up? LMAO at the order joke! :D I can't help myself...Colonials! :thumbsup: :wink:

You are due for one now, man! :icon_sunny:

Kirk

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
The only downfall of this site is that it will be planted soon. So, that means, I will have to hit it next harvest season. Oh well, life goes on, right? :tongue3: :D

Keep the passion high!

Kirk :headbang:

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Colonial KirkPA said:
The only downfall of this site is that it will be planted soon. So, that means, I will have to hit it next harvest season. Oh well, life goes on, right? :tongue3: :D

Keep the passion high!

Kirk :headbang:
I know what you mean about the freshly planted field's,my best were just done but the adjoining one's are just now being turned....Good thing,nothing's going anywhere.Congrat's....What's the count this year?

TXDIRTFISHER

Dec 11, 2007
San Antonio, TX
Detector(s) used
F75LTD / Tejon
Congrats on the coppa :thumbsup: I really enjoy reading about and seeing the finds that y'all (Texas-ism) have been making lately. It seems lately that there have been an abundance of colonial coins found by a lot of t-net folks lately. It is nice to see the research and hard work paying off. Progress is awesome.

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
TXBLUZMAN said:
Congrats on the coppa :thumbsup: I really enjoy reading about and seeing the finds that y'all (Texas-ism) have been making lately. It seems lately that there have been an abundance of colonial coins found by a lot of t-net folks lately. It is nice to see the research and hard work paying off. Progress is awesome.

Thanks, man, for the reply! In our county, we find a lot of Colonials! :wink: :)

I love this hobby! :thumbsup:

Kirk

vpone

Bronze Member
May 1, 2007
central pa
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, 11" & 15" coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
kirk dude,

GREAT finds, i'm starting to like the old indian stuff and I'll tell ya, that land is definately full of it
not sure if Paco told ya, but i met the landowner last week, real nice guy, he gave me a couple more names of some neighbors around there, so keep your fingers crossed

it's funny, 'cause i almost made it down to the colonial road today too, got sidetracked with work stuff though, they were just starting to plow last week when i was there, did ya see how far they got ?

take care

Kevin

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
vpone said:
kirk dude,

GREAT finds, i'm starting to like the old indian stuff and I'll tell ya, that land is definately full of it
not sure if Paco told ya, but i met the landowner last week, real nice guy, he gave me a couple more names of some neighbors around there, so keep your fingers crossed

it's funny, 'cause i almost made it down to the colonial road today too, got sidetracked with work stuff though, they were just starting to plow last week when i was there, did ya see how far they got ?

take care

Kevin

Kevin,

Hey, man, that site is loaded with the Colonial relics. It just takes time and you know that by now.

Yes, he did plow a big area. Our time is limited at this site though...the plant season is here. :'(

Paco did tell me that you talked to him. At least we now know where his property line ends. :D Keep sweeping with the fever, Kevin!

Kirk

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another great find----You are the Coppa King :thumbsup:
Congrats and WTG

Top Member Reactions