Colonial Dwelling Yields Colonial Coppa

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Forum Members: :thumbsup:

Hey, dudes, today's forecast was forecasted to be a "Sunny" day :tongue3: :D, so being the true die-hard that I am, I got out for some treasure hunting. As all of you dudes may know, I got out yesterday with Colonial Silver Zeus and Colonial Zoyboy, but today they could not grace me with their essence. :D Guess where I was heading? "Yup. Yup." The "Old Colonial Road" would be detected by Colonial KirkPA today! :thumbsup:

Before I left, I told Colonial Zoyboy, "I ain't no pumpkin pie. I am a coppa guy." :tongue3: :D LMAO I headed out the door with the typical treasure hunting smile. :) :D

Upon entering the site (no, it isn't an inside place), I headed for an area that I had my mind on. :tongue3: My goal today was to explore some new territory and hopefully, hit a voy-gin spot along the road. :headbang: With my analog machine all pumped up and ready to take assault on the field, I became John Walter. :headbang: :hello2:In my mind, I was saying stuff like this, "Go alllll year for a few coins, but they are super old. Look for pottery. Listen." :laughing3: :laughing11: After about 2 hours with nothing in my pouch, I kept on fighting with my usual Colonial passion.

Then, I started to get those nullings of my threshold. Yes, baby, IRON! I knew I had hit a homestead, so I slowed my sweep speed down and focused. I was sweeping the doyt when I got a nice hit. The signal was reading "S" on "Tabs." :headbang: The target was 3.5", so I dug some more doyt out and was welcomed with a GREEN disc! :angel4: :hello2: :headbang: Yeeaaaaaaahhhhhhh! I put it in my pouch and continued to sweep around the area. About 40 yards away from the coppa, I did hit on some numerous ferrous signals and felt inclined to dig one...out popped part of a horseshoe. I am thinking that this was the barn area. It was a pleasure detecting the site of a Colonial dwelling. :blob5:

Once I got home, I got the coppa out and studied the features on it. As you may know, this farm treats the coppas very poorly, but I saw some details! After some further analysis, it is a King George III. My coin is 6.65 grams and 28.2 mm in diameter...typical of a King George III coppa! In the picture, look closely, you will notice the bust facing right! :thumbsup: :icon_sunny: Colonials!!! :thumbsup:

Yup, this site has been good to me lately. ;D It is a fight to find the productive areas, but when you do, it is suuuupppper fun. :thumbsup:

Keep the Colonial passion high! :wink: :D ;D

Kirk :thumbsup:

coppa003.jpg

Upvote 0

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Hey, Kirk!!

I'm having a hard time keeping up with all your posts. :icon_shaking2: I just saw your other "Indian relic" post. Very cool to find artifacts that old.

Congrats on another Coppa. You are on a roll, my friend from PA. :thumbsup:

Can't wait to see what you find on your next outing!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice dig bro. The xlpro is the "coppa killa'. I haven't taken mine out for a spin yet this year....but even if I did...the only coppa around here is the occasional piece of copper tubing I might dig up at the park :headbang: :tard:

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on find Kirkie coppa-can lol

tinpan ;D ;D ;D

Derek752

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2006
Central,Ny
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
KirkPa..Recoverer of the Pennsylvania Past ! :wave:

Your on a roll bud ! :thumbsup: Us crazy :tongue3: :tard: whacko's cant get enough colonial coinage !

I gotta admit when I drop into T-Net to scope out the new finds I go right for titles with "Colonial" in the topic line :icon_scratch:

You professional dedication to the art of finding those deep coppas is astonishing and IMPRESSIVE !!

Patiently waiting for your next find and post :icon_thumleft: :icon_salut: :icon_thumright:

Congrats !! :tongue1:

D.

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Captn_SE said:
Hey, Kirk!!

I'm having a hard time keeping up with all your posts. :icon_shaking2: I just saw your other "Indian relic" post. Very cool to find artifacts that old.

Congrats on another Coppa. You are on a roll, my friend from PA. :thumbsup:

Can't wait to see what you find on your next outing!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Dan,

Thanks, man, for the reply. It sure is nice to "pop a coppa." :D I know of at least a couple more Colonial dwellings in this area, so there should be some more coppas around.

I hope you are hitting it hard as well, buddy! Keep swinging with the passion!

Kirk

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Derek752 said:
KirkPa..Recoverer of the Pennsylvania Past ! :wave:

Your on a roll bud ! :thumbsup: Us crazy :tongue3: :tard: whacko's cant get enough colonial coinage !

I gotta admit when I drop into T-Net to scope out the new finds I go right for titles with "Colonial" in the topic line :icon_scratch:

You professional dedication to the art of finding those deep coppas is astonishing and IMPRESSIVE !!

Patiently waiting for your next find and post :icon_thumleft: :icon_salut: :icon_thumright:

Congrats !! :tongue1:

D.

Derek,

Hey, dude, Colonials!!!! You are right, I always do the same...I look for the word "Colonial." LMAO

We must be wacked out for searching allllll day or year for these coins. It is a passion, dude, and we both have it! :thumbsup:

Good luck on your rasearch, man!

Kirk

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
silverfreak said:
Nice dig bro. The xlpro is the "coppa killa'. I haven't taken mine out for a spin yet this year....but even if I did...the only coppa around here is the occasional piece of copper tubing I might dig up at the park :headbang: :tard:

You should take it out, man! This machine is the most underrated! It can still compete with the best!

Kirk

SamN

Jan 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
DFX
I've found two colonial flat buttons and two dublets recently. I wonder if a copper(Coppa) is waiting for me? The farm I live on use to be owned by George Washington's next in command.

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Colonial KirkPA said:
silverfreak said:

You should take it out, man! This machine is the most underrated! It can still compete with the best!

Kirk

I agree that it is suuuuuuuuuuuuuper underrated. Many people do fall for the hype of the digital machines, but I don't think I will anytime soon. I will probably get a digital White's one of these days, and I know that I will weep for days...if not years. :D

Yup, yup, that is what I am after. :coffee2:

Snicket

SamN

Jan 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
DFX
Thanks
Im starting to get the feaver... 8)
today might be my lucky day, I am hunting this evening for a few hours

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pushing this thread back to the top as the copper is well worth it! Great find my "brutha" :wink: ;D Got to love those coppers. They are indeed one of the prettiest sights to SEE on Gods Green Earth! :wink: :wink: Great job

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
{Sentinel} said:
Pushing this thread back to the top as the copper is well worth it! Great find my "brutha" :wink: ;D Got to love those coppers. They are indeed one of the prettiest sights to SEE on Gods Green Earth! :wink: :wink: Great job

Josh,

Hey, man, thanks for the reply. I hope you are having similar luck!

I wish you and Chris luck on finding that belt plate! :thumbsup:

Kirk

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kirk,
I'm finally catching up on some posts. Way to go on the old coppa Dude!!! I'm going to start calling you the Green Giant pretty soon. :thumbsup: :wink: You guys are having a h-ll of a year already. You said you would.
Way to go,
MM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread