Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good assortment of colonials from an afternoon hunt.

6 coppers include a GEO II, a merchant token a first, 1816 wholesale & retail hardware store, Halifax.
Crotal bell, small pewter spoon bowl, a coat hook ?
Copper round with "wisdom and pleasure" ?
Last signal of the hunt was the half real in decent shape.

Pretty happy with the first Spanish of the year, and glad the best copper is one I haven't found before.

Attachments

• find13-20a.JPG
    find13-20a.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 121
  • find13-20b.jpg
    find13-20b.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 123
  • find13-20c.JPG
    find13-20c.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 122
  • find13-20e.JPG
    find13-20e.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 131
  • find13-20f.JPG
    find13-20f.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 136
Upvote 12
Sweet Spanish Rick!

If I only dug one a season I would feel good about that, lots of the year left to add to your totals!
Good going!

Awesome finds. That's a great day of hunting for sure. :thumbsup:

Great finds friend. I just found a 1780 1/2 reale but not in as good a shape as yours. Every time I see round in the hole my heart beats faster. I love this sport! HH.

Nice finds! I've found a bunch of that same copper but none in anywhere near that condition. Nice to get a Spanish silver on the books!

Great finds there Rick, good looking Spanish too. You must be close to breaking a new record for "most coppers in one year"? How many had you got up so far this year?
Dave

Great hunt Rick, congrats on the silver! It's one coin so high on the want list that it seems out out of reach now. Liking the token also and it's interesting read on the history of the company.
IMG_1292.JPG

It looks like your summer will be just as good as the spring, nice finds!

Great hunt Rick, congrats on the silver! It's one coin so high on the want list that it seems out out of reach now. Liking the token also and it's interesting read on the history of the company.
View attachment 821034

This is only my second spanish, the first came to me last Nov. 19. As someone told me, you'll get one.

Curious what book that is from, I have first edition charlton token book, it doesn't have that write up.

very nice finds, man i cant wait for fall harvest so i can hit the fields again!

:hello2: if every hunt would be that great ,
but we all know better ,
yes , Spanish silver and a kool old token ,
WTG Rick
a nice return for all the time and effort ,

Many more !

dawg

Good hunt with very nice variety, like the 1816 merchant token!

Fantastic hunt there Rick...I remember you were worried about you finding your first spanish...now I'm worried your going to find more than me LOL... Found the same token several years back but yours is in much better shape..
great saves....

Great token and spanish silver! Congrats on a wonderful hunt, Rick! You are doing some first rate digging up there.

Every Good Wish,

Buck

That's a really cool token Rick, and of course I love the silver. Can't believe you guys up north and way down south (Buckleboy) are still able to get out in the fields this time of year, much less dig Spanish silver. Congrats on a great hunt!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back