Colonial Silver Again...Western Kentucky!

bocephus99

Jun 18, 2010
Spent a few hours today at my colonial site. I've been able to get two cut pieces of eight, a 1747 1/2 Reale out of this site and today I was able to pull a 1781 1/2 Reale. Also found a very small thimble. Seems extremely small to me. Pioneers didn't start settling in this part of Western Kentucky until 1780's so I am extremely excited about this site! Lots of iron but it seems to continue to produce...tks for looking.

Attachments

• 1781.jpg
    1781.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 686
  • 1781 Group.jpg
    1781 Group.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 670
  • 1781 misc.jpg
    1781 misc.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 677
Upvote 0
U

umrgolf

youre on a pretty special site.. Your posts get the blood pumping, thanks for sharing :headbang:

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that's a find Bocephus would've loved findin'. :wink: Hank Jr. attended an invitational hunt up here a couple years ago and several of my friends were there and got to meet him....He wasn't there long though because the hunt turned out to be a bunch of B.S. and Hank even said so before leavin....since he's one of my favorite country singers, I'd have liked to been there to meet him with my friends but not this time :'( :'(

hackleshinn

Tenderfoot
Sep 21, 2010
Seen them down Adams co. Oh.My pop found some down at Mineral Springs in a cave when he was a youngun.1932-33

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
:o Excellent digs!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :icon_king: :icon_king:

I recently found a similar site like that in IL - flat buttons, Spanish silver, square nails. I know what kind of fun you're having!

WTG!!! :wink:

soupie

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice Silver,I would be in heaven :angel9: with finds like that,so far the only colonial sites I have nailed down are all state owned,but this winter that will change ;D....Congrats on some fantastic keepers...HH Soup

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great hunt, congrat's on the silver. :icon_thumright:

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This is proof that Kentucky produces the Colonial sites and goods. :icon_thumleft:

Kirk :hello:

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old silver sure is sweet.

Top Member Reactions