Colonial Treasure At The Beach!!!!

X-Splenda

Sep 15, 2009
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra
One of my best metal detecting days of my Life! found 3 half penny's at the Bay! it was a old Harbour from the 1600's to present day! It was a busy Port! spent 6 hrs at the beach. also finding a 14K Ring!! and some clad! Here's the picture. and also a 1963 silver quarter! One of the dates on the half penny is 1734. i don't know about the other's. i was kinda surprised pulling out such halfpenny's out of the beach. i thought it was impossible to find them on a beach. i thought it would deteriote. but 1 of the halfpenny has a full visible date and face and words! And also a possible Trade point. and also a Arrow Head. Quite a Day!
117v1ad.jpg

al1yfq.jpg

2hrhkqb.jpg

sqjvww.jpg

19qa9x.jpg

2hqtp1i.jpg

tar9fs.jpg

290wl00.jpg

15wmanq.jpg

25iutua.jpg

Upvote 0
U

umrgolf

Wow, can't believe this has no replies. Not sure what people are looking for on here but you found THREE half-cents! Big, no Huge congrats :laughing7: Great hunt Splenda.. nice gold too

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish I could make out some of the detail in the pics. :D

Sounds like a great day out with awesome finds. :thumbsup:

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that is a day to remember! Very Nice :thumbsup:

goldnugget

Nov 3, 2005
East Coast U S A
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab XP-Pro- MinelabExcaliber -Fisher1260 Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Equinox 800
Dman said:
Congrats on finding the half pennies.
Dman
Congradulation on your recent finds. I would be pounding that section of Beach. The Gold Ring has taken a Beating from the Sand, so you know the area is old. Keep us informed. Goldnugget-Charlotte.N.C.

tuatara

Jan 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
ML Explorer SE
That's huge Splenda. I reckon you had a nice surprise diggin' those ol' coins up. Congrats on a chunky ring!!!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the salt shoreline for many reasons but condition is not one of them. But some will beat the odds, especially when you dig the silver. :thumbsup:

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
wow you never hear of british coppers been pulled out of a beach. i found a large cent once on the beach. pretty sure it was a fishing hole. congrats. willy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread