A good day for old silver.

skierbob

Jun 7, 2006
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-trac; Minelab Exp II; Troy Shadow X3; Garrett AT Pro.
Spent some more time at the 2 ballfields I hunted yesterday. No model planes nor golfers today. It took me an hour and a half to finish up the infield of the first ballfield. Found 2 more silvers there, both were 9 or 10 inches deep. Of course, I filled in my holes and smoothed them out. The first silver was a 1908-D Barber Quarter found in the basepath between first and second. The second was a 1942 Mercury Dime found in the left-hand batter's box.

Here's the Barber Quarter:

infieldsandwoods 003.JPG infieldsandwoods 004.JPG

And here's the Merc: infieldsandwoods 001.JPG infieldsandwoods 002.JPG

Moving to the next field, the first target I got was a really nice 1898 Barber Dime at about six inches. Only found a few pennies and some clad dimes after that. The infield was still frozen along the first base line and between home plate and the pitcher's mound. I had to leave a couple good targets that I couldn't reach in the frozen ground. But here's the Barber Dime:

infieldsandwoods 005.JPG infieldsandwoods 006.JPG

After a short break for some lunch, I moved to a spot I was sure wouldn't be frozen- in the woods. I started detecting along a bicycle trail. After digging up a couple of deeply buried beer cans, I got a sweet signal about four inches deep along the side of the trail. This ended up being a nice 1877-CC Seated Liberty Dime. After following the trail for another 45 minutes and finding only a couple memorial pennies and a few more beer cans, I called it a day.

Here's the Seated Dime: infieldsandwoods 008.JPG infieldsandwoods 007.JPG

Thanks for looking.

Upvote 0

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
That is absolutely one of the best days I have seen in a long time . Congrats.
Dman

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Great hunt Bob! You are doing very well there. I'd like to get back there with my new Etrac and see how it does. Are you using your new machine?

T

TreasurdiggrNY

Congrats on the finds, great haul of silver, very nice!

OP
OP
skierbob

skierbob

Jun 7, 2006
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-trac; Minelab Exp II; Troy Shadow X3; Garrett AT Pro.
Debby,

Anytime you want to go there and try your E-trac out, let me know. Maybe next weekend, if you want. We can talk about it later in the week. As to the new detector, no I'm not using it for land hunting. I've got too much trust in the Explorer. I'll use the new machine at the beach, if I ever get down there again.

Bob

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice CC seated :icon_thumleft: MR TUFF

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread