Colorado suction dredging and highbanking

John-K

Jul 31, 2012
>GJ Colorado
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My understanding it differs from County to County and especially from River to River. Where are you looking at playing?

OP
OP
mendodaze

mendodaze

Dec 26, 2012
Not sure i was lookin at buying a claim in like Gillian county

Oct 16, 2010
Get with the local gold clubs, first. I would'nt buy any claim in colorado. Theres too many club claims that have good gold on them, better than buying one. Based on your knowledge of the subject, put your pocket book away, and do research first and join a club and learn all you can.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Colorado gold camp and gold prospectors of CO seem to have the best claims..both will let you visit once before you pay up I think. I know you can dredge on CGC claims as I have friends who do it all summer!

You can also dredge on large parts of Clear Creek the western Jefferson County without any paperwork at all as long as you follow the JeffCo Open Space rules (look up details on their website). At the other extreme, you need lots of paperwork, permits and fees to dredge on the Arkansas River so the other comments are quite right, it varies depending on where you are in CO.

Mine it and recycle it!

rluckadoo

Nov 26, 2009
Ingram, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, Gold Bug II, Keene 4" dredge, Keene 3" Hibanker/Dredge Combo
Good morning! I am also looking for a serious dredging claim, not necessarily to purchase (although I own two really good claims in Northern CA....that are closed due to the moratorium). I am interested in hooking up with a club that owns some serious dredging claims or even with an individual who owns a claim and needs a dredging partner for some weekend fun. I am a registered geologist. I own two new (two year old) dredges, a Keene 4" and a Keene 3" Hibanker/Dredge combo with all the diving equipment etc. I just moved here to Colorado from the Carolinas (job transfer) and am looking forward to getting in the water this spring.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts or suggestions..........

Thanks in advance!

OP
OP
mendodaze

mendodaze

Dec 26, 2012
Rluckadoo where are your claims in california? Would you be interested in someone just doing some sluicing on your claims? I'm working out tryin to get a dredging claim in colorado soon I would love Togo I'm supposed to be meeting someone ab it in the beginning of the month..

OP
OP
mendodaze

mendodaze

Dec 26, 2012
I'm from South Carolina originally too.. Living in Cali now bc of work

rluckadoo

Nov 26, 2009
Ingram, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, Gold Bug II, Keene 4" dredge, Keene 3" Hibanker/Dredge Combo
They are in Siskiyou County. Very remote up in the Salmon River drainage. What area are you looking at out here for a claim? Think I am just going to join a club to begin with. Until I get more familiar with the area and regulations here.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Rluck, good thinking...join a club for your first year here. That way you can dredge while you do your research and talk to other prospectors about options to get a claim of your own.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread