Looks like something ARCHIES would do :o

T

tank

Re: COME CLEAN. WHO DID IT???

wwII reenactors in your area. looks like a battle site. trenchline & foxholes

DiggerDude101

Apr 19, 2005

Maybe it was the "Knights of the Golden Circle" digging up their caches. :)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

SHERMANVILLE*ILL said:
Jeff,
that was one of my ideas.? I know they have thousands of sites in Illinois that they keep on record but do not release to the public.? When they get the time one of the schools will come out and dig a site.? Would they not cover the holes, or could they be planning on being back?

If it's thru the Schools they probably wouldn't fill it back, till their done completly.

KevGA

Jul 12, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Garrett ACE 250

All right, it was me...... I never did find that bloody penny signal! ;D

xXx

Nov 17, 2004
back in Indiana again
Detector(s) used
Multiple land, beach, underwater and specialty units

I live in an area that used to be used for the old air force base here to practice and train their pilots for bombing. Yes, this was a bombing range.
Now, the government is insisting it be cleaned up, besides, they are putting a lot of housing developments like the one I live in up.
A private group is hired to use detectors and shovels to dig up the old bombs. (keep in mind, some of them are still live).
I went to talk to the guys a couple days ago. As I pulled up they had about 10 bombs in the back of a pick-up. They were working in pairs throughout an area that looks just like the photos above, slightly wooded. I couldn't believe the way they were working. They would get a signal with their detector and away they would go hacking at the target with a shovel like they were in a hurry to bury a body or something. Absolutely caution free. In fact, while I was talking to them as they worked, they did uncover one target (a bomb). I asked if it was "live" and they said "no, but maybe you should go now". NO PROBLEM, I WAS OUTA THERE!!!!
Any way, why I brought this up here, is because I notice as I was rushing off the property that all the holes they had dug over the last few months were still there. They didn't cover any back because they know there will be a construction crew following them that will be putting a housing development there.
You may have the same type of situation there???
xXx

R

rvbvetter

Any large signals in the area? HH

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Really big gophers?

MDnoob

Apr 23, 2003

Obviously the Knights Templar were there to dig up some loot, most likely section E of the Hall of Records.

Coin_Saver

Nov 10, 2004
Ohio

Hmmmz, Huge digging things would be my guess! lol dunno prolly some kinda animal! HH CS

dano91

Apr 3, 2005
colorado

I'd have to say it's a Pot stash! From the depth and size of them. Probably 10 lb bricks buried and then sold later. Look around real good for cigarette butt's and let me know what brand they are or if there is any at all. Or any other trash that might have been left there about the time they were dug up, there's allways something.

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cableman79 said:
Looks like foxholes to me; used for training or maybe there are a bunch of kids playing army or paint ball.

Coin_Saver said:
Hmmmz, Huge digging things would be my guess! lol dunno prolly some kinda animal! HH CS

I was going to say some people who play paint ball dug some foxholes. Those big animals Coin_Saver are people.

Cool find, keep it up and HH!!

Attachments

• cool.jpg
    cool.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 588
  • cool.jpg
    cool.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 589

Coin_Saver

Nov 10, 2004
Ohio

"Those big animals Coin_Saver are people." LOL MUD! actuall u are prolly right! HH CS

F

Floater

I'm with Dano Shermanville. Do a little more detective work and see what they left behind. Move some of the leaves from around the mounds and check the boot print type. see if the Butts are there, look for a shovel mark and then also use a Privvy probe to hit the holes with and see what the deal is. If there is a body in it or if they diug deeper then you may ahave an old treasure area. Look at the trees or stones for odd signs,Or just say the hell with it and keep on beepin. ;D HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions