Come witness my 1st Silver Half EVER! 1904S Barber Half!!!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well its about time a half showed up under my coil, ok lemme get to the story first:

ok so today I had plans on hitting the turnpike south to a town called Quakertown, 20150625_091618.jpgI wanted to secure a permission in the worst way, I hit 3 ideal homes, 2 no one was home at, and the 3rd was a renter, sweet lady though, just couldn't grant permission, I decided "heck with this" and traveled 45 minutes south to the location where I got my French colonial copper the other day, easy public place that is just insane with history. So right away I picked up where I left off the other day and nailed wheat after wheat, I thought ok cool, lets get to the silver!, 5 wheats in, that's exactly what happened, 1910 barber dime!!:headbang:1 barber a.jpg1barber b.jpg so now im in the mindset, calm cool, collect, slow with the swing and 5-6 wheats later, bam another 1910 barber dime DUAL barber dimes of the same year!, barber 2.jpgthe thing about this place is a lot of targets give weird VDIs, not what youd be used to, so I tried another section of the site and hit a clad dime, stood up, rescanned, and clear as day, loud 11-46 at 6-7 inches out pops the 1831 Largie!!!:headbang: 20150625_143324-1.jpgI had to text everyone the pics of course!:tongue3: after the largie I decided to make a slow march towards my car, and back to my first section I get a nice tone, out pops a 54 roosie, I thought cool, lets see the merc for the silver trifecta, sadly that didn't happen, but what happened next kind of obliterated that stupid trifecta. I got a weird 1-50, 7-48, 7-49 tone bouncing back and forth, and thought hmm, probly a can, it was 5-6 inches down and I dug under some roots, popped up dirt in my shovel and there she sat......1904S barber half!!!:headbang::headbang: MY FIRST SILVER HALF!!! 20150625_152501.jpg20150625_152458.jpgI had no idea I was digging a great target, thought I had junk!, unfortunately I scraped the front by the date pretty good but I could care less,20150625_153546.jpg20150625_153534.jpg I got my first half and am super pumped!!! after the reveal I called George to tell him and called it a day,20150625_153525.jpg20150625_192200.jpg20150625_192131.jpg20150625_191406-1.jpg what a freakin good 3 out of 4 past days I had, couldn't be happier, thanks for reading the novel guys, hope you all can get out and swing that coil!!

thanks for looking and HH!!!

Time to celebrate:20150625_195504.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 40
Damn! You had an amazing day! Congrats!

Awsome video Chris..
And man what a day you had!!
That definitely looks like a fired musket ball, right size..
Amazing that stuff is coming out of that place..
How many kids have been walking over that stuff for decades and decades..
I think im going to have to give that place a shot again.
There just might be a regiment button there, or a USA..
How cool would that be???

Awsome video Chris..
And man what a day you had!!
That definitely looks like a fired musket ball, right size..
Amazing that stuff is coming out of that place..
How many kids have been walking over that stuff for decades and decades..
I think im going to have to give that place a shot again.
There just might be a regiment button there, or a USA..
How cool would that be???

I cleared out all the modern riffraff for ya, hammer that place!, Im taking a small break, gotta spend time with the family for the rest of my vacation, that's more important than detecting, thanks again! It's been a crazy past few days!

That last picture - Now that's what I'm talking about !!! You just put up a good years worth of treasure in my world ,
all those oldies and I don't think I see an Indian Head cent in there ? how does that happen ?

WOW! I'd be camped out at that site:laughing7: Killer finds! Great video too! :notworthy::notworthy:

455 YOU GOT THAT DETECTOR SHIFTED IN HIGH GEAR. MUST HAVE BEEN A GOOD SPOT.NICE....

Yet another drool inducing hunt! Man you are really doing great, congrats on the sweet semi key Barber half. I found a 1904 Barber half in a mega silver spill a few years ago, but no mint mark. Too bad, because it's in pristine condition. How I wished for that "S" of yours haha!

WOW!!! What a great day!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!:occasion14:

Your on a hell of a run. Your killing me with those texts while I am working. Nothing like sticking, twisting, and turning. Lol. Congrats on your first half!

Probably a good thing you didn't get a permission, huh? That would be your second best hunt ( after your oldest coins the other day ) I suppose? That 's a vacation!

Awesome hunt cjon, i remember when i found my first half i was also pumped...Congrats man...

Congratulations on the sweet first half
Thanks!, I would've been happy with a franklin for my first, a 1904s barber? yeah ill take it!!

Yet another drool inducing hunt! Man you are really doing great, congrats on the sweet semi key Barber half. I found a 1904 Barber half in a mega silver spill a few years ago, but no mint mark. Too bad, because it's in pristine condition. How I wished for that "S" of yours haha!
Thanks a lot JC, you knew my struggle of not getting out too much prior to these past few days, I suppose its back to reality now lol

1904s!! right on. Pretty low Mintage semi Key Date!!
Thanks Jack!, too bad I nicked the face by the date pretty bad:BangHead:

455 YOU GOT THAT DETECTOR SHIFTED IN HIGH GEAR. MUST HAVE BEEN A GOOD SPOT.NICE....
Thanks Sutphin, I really had to concentrate and swing slow as there is a lot of junk there!

WOW! I'd be camped out at that site:laughing7: Killer finds! Great video too! :notworthy::notworthy:
Thanks, it was hard to video the half w/o dropping the f bomb lol!!

Hot dang! Great silver finds! :treasurechest::thumbsup:
Thanks a lot, all I needed was a measly merc for the dime trifecta???

That last picture - Now that's what I'm talking about !!! You just put up a good years worth of treasure in my world ,
all those oldies and I don't think I see an Indian Head cent in there ? how does that happen ?
A few were pulled from that place a few weeks ago by Carolina tom, I didn't dig too many of those tones, they were too similar to freakin zinc pennies lol

Damn! You had an amazing day! Congrats!
Thank you!, back to reality now:sadsmiley:

Awesome hunt cjon, i remember when i found my first half i was also pumped...Congrats man...

Thanks a lot PP!, such a cool feeling, heck I was still on cloud 9 from my 2 colonial coins from Tuesday, that was just the icing on the cake!

Probably a good thing you didn't get a permission, huh? That would be your second best hunt ( after your oldest coins the other day ) I suppose? That 's a vacation!
Thanks dave, had I gotten permission at one of the 3 houses I tried, I may have hit the jackpot, all 3 were 1700s homes constructed of stone with nice big yards too, that's ok I guess ill take the alternative:tongue3:

Man Chris you had a Great vacation you have found more in the last couple of days than most find all year. And just think all this with out OD. I think he's been holding you back. Lol. So now that you know the problem you should leave him at home from now on.

Man Chris you had a Great vacation you have found more in the last couple of days than most find all year. And just think all this with out OD. I think he's been holding you back. Lol. So now that you know the problem you should leave him at home from now on.
LOL thanks tyler but that's terrible!! lol, I asked him on a date last night, he said yes, im so excited lol!!!

what should I wear?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back