All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
There is something wrong with the title of this post. There are two words, diametrically opposed, that should never appear together in a sentence. lol Frank...-
111-2 700.jpg

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
There is something wrong with the title of this post. There are two words, diametrically opposed, that should never appear together in a sentence. lol Frank...-
View attachment 1008032

Yep, an oxymoron ... kinda like "jumbo shrimp"

saying "media" and "common-sense" in the same title without placing "lack of" or "hasn't any" or some other descriptive phrase makes the sentence unintelligible to some of us.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Hay, I know where you can buy the First Amendment for $20. Ops, did I say that? Frank...-
111-2 700Warrior Head.jpg

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
It's a sad but true rendition of our society.

Yesterday it was Leave it to Beaver, My Three Sons, The Andy Griffith Show- all had a good role model and a positive message at the end. The Beaver always learned a good lesson and so did Opie. Father Knows Best- Lucy- Carol Burnett, all great shows.

But, according to lot's of people- all the violent video games and death and destruction on TV have nothing to do with the violence of today's youth.

OP
OP
pat-tekker-cat

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That little girl is so cute and just cracks me up! LOL!
I love it when she says, "YOU SOLD ME OUT"!
Then on the second, "I SAID, TAKE HIM OUT", she stomps that little foot! LAWL!

Man, if I was to see my grandkids role play like that, lol, they'd be no tv, only dvd's (that are pre-approved). LOL!

I love Carol Burnett. I'll watch that on youtube vs watching tv.
My favorite is Tim Conway as the horse jockey in National Velvet.
"WHAT"S HAPPENING" with that dumb cross-eyed look and blonde wig. :laughing7:

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Problem being, by the comments, y'all would rather be deceived than face what might be real. If you think the media is false then why are you clinging to some past farce. Everyone ( mostly) knew those shows didn't represent anything close to the world at the time. They had to sleep in twin beds FRCRSTSAK!
Some sociologists would say after WW2 we lost our innocence and tried to recover it through deceptively unrealistic perceptions like TV and most movies of the time.
If you think the title is in opposition maybe you're absorbing the wrong media. Like said "The truth is out there"
Like Joseph Heller asked. "Do you want the truth or the lie?" Response "Which is better?"

All the media is simply a reflection of us but more it reflects what we want or are willing to accept. Today the networks broadcast small spoonfuls of fact and the rest is drug commercials. It's what we accept, desire, demand.
Gotago

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
I like violent shows like war movies because they have a a truth woven into the plot. That being that freedom is worth fighting for. A lot of today's youth are either wimpy or high strung, both bad for themselves and the country. The thing that's being lost today is value of life. Most will just follow the loudest drummer! like BO, it stinks. Frank...-
111-1 profileblk.jpg

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Freedom might be worth fighting for but not everyone fights for freedom. Most fight for Nationalism sometimes veiled in religion or land expansion based in their politic.
Every army has it's slogans and beliefs. Times might change but the human mind evolves very slowly and won't accept change w/o a struggle.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please keep politics out of thread...

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey ptc!! I suppose the entire scenario centers around the core of "Common Sense"", doesn't make Sense does it!! He He!! GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Please keep politics out of thread...

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

It's hard for me to comprehend your post to keep politics out when your entire sig is all politics. If you truly believed in your post you would remove all your nationalistic, and political commentary because it also breaks the rule Que' No!?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's hard for me to comprehend your post to keep politics out when your entire sig is all politics. If you truly believed in your post you would remove all your nationalistic, and political commentary because it also breaks the rule Que' No!?
It is in my signiture and no it does not violate our rules according to the admins.

If members wish to discuss politics it is only allowed in the politics forum found under Charter Membership....

OP
OP
pat-tekker-cat

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm starting to believe Louie is a plant, and is in on the whole thing, with Alfonso! :laughing7:

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
It is in my signiture and no it does not violate our rules according to the admins.

If members wish to discuss politics it is only allowed in the politics forum found under Charter Membership....

Really dude, you make political comments every time you post.
Your posts here aren't in a Charter forum so it appears your violating the rules.
What if I wanted my sig to reflect Mao's little red book? Is that OK?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Dude"... If you want Mao in your signature put him there.

Stop challenging mods..

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

DavidGC

Jun 25, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This thread ought to be titled: "Common Sense and Parents."

"The media" is a reflection of a culture and society, not the originator.
No child is exposed to any media that the parents have not allowed.
Don't want your kids exposed to junk, don't let 'em watch/read/play junk.

It's a lot easier to blame "the media" than to be a good parent.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread