Compadre advice

randyalbin

Sep 24, 2007
Flat Rock, Kansas
Detector(s) used
White's 5900 CB,XL Pro,IDX Pro,MX5,Tesoro's Bandido,INCA,OutLaw,Tiger Shark,Toltec ll,Toltec 100,Troy Shadow X2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is something most people do not hear about the Compadre. This detector is a great relic detector with the discrimination set to reject a common square nail. With a Compadre a person can take it to the old dried up cellar holes/old house sites that have produced in the past and make good finds through the carpet of nails. It is a slow sweep design so you can sort through the ferrous crap around these types of sites, if it beeps......DIG.

Odds

Greenie
Aug 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger shark.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there a reason the Umax is a better machine at the beach? Looking to get my lil one his first real detector but since we live in Florida Im sure the beach would be in the near future.

To me the Silver Umax has a little better depth in wet sand. I only say this because the times I went out with my GF there was few times, the Silver would hit on coin in the wet sand, and the Compandre would not (to deep)

Any other locations though, Park, woods, Farm fields, there was not one target that silver umax chimed on that the Compandre would not ether.

If your buying one for the lil one, go with the compadre with 5.25" coil nice light weight, easy to pinpoint and really is great machine, in the end I sold my silver umax, and kept the compadre because I liked the 5.25" coil for them trashy areas, Any other locations I use my Tiger shark.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread