doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went out to the beach this morning with my son and nephew this time trying to discover some new finds on this perfect sunny day. Took out all 4 metal detectors, and yet the Compadre performed better then the rest. It just works! Don't have to pay more for a machine to find the things you are looking for and simple and light weight to use for the begginer, intermediate and advanced hunter.

Didn't get a chance to use my new T2 yet today..I was so busy with the sand scoop with the teens here didn't find much time for my self to try it out. Anyways this time pulled out the 11x8 RSD coil from my goto 5.75 trusty concentric (which I hardly ever swap out) on the Vaquero which I found some items but nothing compared to the Compadre which found nearly $8.00 today. What was noteworthy over the toonies and loonies that it hit was a older 1977 quarter, 1972 & 1952 penny, and a then a 1928 one cent penny. Compadre hit on the Chinesse coins and serpent pendant and another pendant not shown not sure if it was silver.

Deciding to keep this Compadre with me on all my hunts and possibly leave others behind because how well it does compared to the others. Do not under estimate the Compadre for what it can do, as it was even hitting better then the Vaquero on the beaches here anyways.

More posts to come, seems now my son is linking the sport now more then before.
:hello2:

I found a Molson Canadian 6.0 Coldshot strong beer (release Jan 1, 2001) looked like it had a expiry on the back maybe read 2005 that was 15" deep burried in the beach full still...thinking of cracking it open but I would have got sick so I didn't but it was hot and tempting to say the least and cold all the way down under.. hard to pass it up :tongue3:..by the way must of helped the beach out by clearing out a case of empty's burried within the sand.:icon_thumleft:

Anyways here are the pics.

PS by the way the 1920 was given to me by the previous owner of the T2 I purchased but put it beside the 1928 which is the oldest coin to date that I seen found.

By the way my nephew being a newbie found all of this with the Compadre not me or my son!

2017-08-27.jpeg 2017-08-27.2.jpeg 2017-08-27.1.jpeg

HH.

Last edited:

Auba14

Jun 17, 2015
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000, Tesoro Compadre, Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have machines that have many more features but I always seem to find myself using the Compadre as my go to machine. It is a killer on anything. Nothing fancy, just meat and potatoes.........Cool finds by the way, and remember old beer is still good beer?? I can remember a story a boss of mine told me where he and his brother found a case of beer (1970's) in the basement of their farmhouse. Being teens they drank some, never got sick. A couple of months later their dad was cleaning the basement out and found the case of beer. Told the story of how he won it at a county fair back in the 50's.......I think he said it was Blatz beer......"The beer that Milwaukee famous"

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds! :occasion14:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds, congratulations! :occasion14:

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds, HH. Congratulations.
Were you hunting on a salt water beach?

OP
OP
doggoneitdignit

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds, HH. Congratulations.
Were you hunting on a salt water beach?

Freshwater beach but there was still some hot rocks to contend with but not really to bad that day compared to antoher location that was realy only 2km away which produced way more hot rocks and the sand was more corse and rocky compared to the softer sand that I am dealing with in this post.. so noticed I was discrimitating out more unneeded targets than I was earlier at the main beach...with that said I seem to be hitting more targets and less hot rocks that's all. All and all a pretty good day.

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Friday I asked my 7yr old grandson what he wanted for Christmas. With no hesitation he said; "Compadre. "

My dilemma is "I want one". So it appears GS will get an early Christmas present. Like Sept.

I believe I have read that there is a short shaft available for the compadre.
HH, reading posts like yours feeds the addiction.

ToddB64

Jan 7, 2007
Georgetown, Ohio, USA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000,
Tesoro Bandido II µMax and
Compadre, White's Classic II,
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
doggoneitdignit,

Your pendant is a Seahorse......Serpent is a snake. :wink:

ToddB64

th

Mat in MA

Feb 8, 2008
Central Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver µMax, DetectorPro Head Hunter Wader, White's MXT, Garrett GTA500, White's Bullseye II pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. I just received my new 11x8 RSD widescan coil for my Silver µMax. Can't wait to get back to the beach to try it out.

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. I just received my new 11x8 RSD widescan coil for my Silver µMax. Can't wait to get back to the beach to try it out.

I love the 11x8 Tesoro coils, light, deep, and just a joy to swing compared to the import junk.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread