Gary41

Greenie
Jul 22, 2015
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took my dog to play this morning like I do almost every day. After he has his fun, I usually hit one of the usual parks, soccer fields, tot lots or ball fields to have my MD fun. Today I happened to be driving by a very large shopping center and noticed a vacant field that hasn't been built on yet. There was a chain link fence with no trespassing sign. No way to hunt the field. I was at the back of the buildings and noticed a strip of landscaping with trees that ran the whole length of the center. I decided to check them out. I soon found out that this is where the employees go to smoke. Butts and snack wrappers everywhere. There is a large creek nearby that is a hangout for the homeless. So it turns out this small area is frequented by a lot of people.

I headed out with the Outlaw and I knew right away I was into the clad. This shopping center is probably 30 years old so zero chance for silver. I hunted about three hours. Most of the coins were either on top of the ground, under leaves or an inch or two under bark and dirt. I could have been using the most entry level detector there is and found what I did.

This is what I found:

13 quarters
16 dimes
5 nickels
88 pennies - One was a 1947d Wheaty
1 junk State of Utah ring
2 junk earrings
1 silver police type whistle
1 US Postal metal tag

Moral of the story. Try the areas behind the strip malls where the smokers hang out and take there breaks. They drop stuff.

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gary, congratulations on a great haul. I bet you will return for leftovers.

Gotta always be on the lookout.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a nice hunt. I've been clad hunting myself the last few times out. Nice change of pace, and it is nice to know your machine is still spot on too.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the productive hunt! :occasion14: I agree, when looking for coins and jewelry the Outlaw is deadly! :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread