Complete 1968 Lesney/Matchbox BP Tanker

qaela4

Bronze Member
Jul 24, 2014
Keene, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver,Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went to this park with old swimming hole. I have pulled only two wheats from here, a '19 and a '40 so wasn't expecting much. To me this makes up for no silver today. 1968 BP Tanker by Lesney as part of their Matchbox series when they were still made in England. I did go into the water for the first time here and only managed 3 nickles, the oldest a '79. I will return!!! There HAS to be silver there somewhere.
BPTanker2.JPG BPTanker1.JPG BPTanker3.JPG

Upvote 8

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
I love it!!! I like finding silver for sure, but I love finding stuff like this! Congratz!

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't know what to make of old toys I find in the ground. I usually just leave them on the concrete near the kiddie areas, hoping someone will take it.

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't know what to make of old toys I find in the ground. I usually just leave them on the concrete near the kiddie areas, hoping someone will take it.

That's exactly what I've been doing lately. I have so many cars I've found I'm just getting tired of taking them home.

I'd rather some kid end up with them.

Last edited:

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's always fun finding old cars/trucks like that--even parts of cars/trucks. My son gets a kick out of seeing them too. After a while you can put together and interesting display of related toys like that.

RJ55

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2014
western NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

thrifty76now

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
Sunman Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT MINELAB SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are a number of those matchbox cars that are worth some bucks to toy collecters .I like to find old toys of any nature.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The older ones I would keep and display, the newer ones I give to my neighbors grandson he loves them. I've given him so many, I bought him a Hot Wheels carrier for them.

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Love seeing the old toy trucks! One of my fave dug vehicles is a battered red British-made Petrol truck from 1930s-1940s - well-played with! Andi

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread