Complete 1968 Lesney/Matchbox BP Tanker

qaela4

Bronze Member
Jul 24, 2014
Keene, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver,Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went to this park with old swimming hole. I have pulled only two wheats from here, a '19 and a '40 so wasn't expecting much. To me this makes up for no silver today. 1968 BP Tanker by Lesney as part of their Matchbox series when they were still made in England. I did go into the water for the first time here and only managed 3 nickles, the oldest a '79. I will return!!! There HAS to be silver there somewhere.
BPTanker2.JPGBPTanker1.JPGBPTanker3.JPG

Upvote 8
I love it!!! I like finding silver for sure, but I love finding stuff like this! Congratz!

I don't know what to make of old toys I find in the ground. I usually just leave them on the concrete near the kiddie areas, hoping someone will take it.

I don't know what to make of old toys I find in the ground. I usually just leave them on the concrete near the kiddie areas, hoping someone will take it.

That's exactly what I've been doing lately. I have so many cars I've found I'm just getting tired of taking them home.

I'd rather some kid end up with them.

Last edited:
It's always fun finding old cars/trucks like that--even parts of cars/trucks. My son gets a kick out of seeing them too. After a while you can put together and interesting display of related toys like that.

There are a number of those matchbox cars that are worth some bucks to toy collecters .I like to find old toys of any nature.

The older ones I would keep and display, the newer ones I give to my neighbors grandson he loves them. I've given him so many, I bought him a Hot Wheels carrier for them.

Love seeing the old toy trucks! One of my fave dug vehicles is a battered red British-made Petrol truck from 1930s-1940s - well-played with! Andi

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back