especially when flying.

of course that could look funny on the beach
at spring break.

hns11550

Sep 23, 2006
St Louis Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
A couple of years ago, Missouri joined the ranks of states that has concealed carry. Of course the usual restrictions are placed on where you can't carry, such as gov buildings, schools etc. One exception to the law however is that you may carry a concealed firearm in your vehicle, with no carry permit. The firearm must be lawfully owned and once it leaves the vehicle on your person you must have a carry permit. Just recently 3 thugs walked up to a 23 yr old guy leaving a hotel and demanded his money at gun point. He complied and as they were getting ready to leave, the man with the gun turned back around and pointed his weapon at the man again and said he was going to kill him. The victim pulled from his waistband a .45 auto and fought back wounding the gunman twice but not killing him. These laws give us the right to defend ourselves and our family from thugs and enable us to carry what we need to, legally, what the thugs will carry, have been carrying, and will always carry. For some good reading and info on concealed carry go to: http://www.packing.org

Dave45

Dec 31, 2004
The Lone Star State
You know the million dollar stats there always running show this, but then again the mandate is to disarm America not let them protect themselves.

Yea I'm a conspiracy nut ;)

jglunt

Feb 15, 2005
On the big Muskegon River in W. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In order to control the masses, you must first disarm them. No amount of statistical logic will deter those who's goal is to create a nation/world where they (the elite minority) have absolute economic and military power over all others. It has been that way throughout history and there is no reason to think it's any different now.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

Attachments

• CCW.gif
    CCW.gif
    26.1 KB · Views: 465

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
BLACKFOOT said:
Subject: POLICE DEATHS BY GUN

vermont has the lowest rate, new york the highest.
vermount has no restriced gun carry laws,new york has the most restrictions.
where there is concealed carry the death rate is lowest.therefore all gun laws should follow vermonts lead.go on google and type police deaths
ED

Some counties in NY allow concealed carry, it's just hard to get that premit.

Ocaliman

Apr 21, 2006
Ocala, FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I got my ccw permit in Florida a year ago. I carry concealed IWB (inside waist band) every time I beach hunt Daytona, especially at night. You never know who will come up on you, especially when the beach is deserted at low tide and dark out.

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
I can walk into a Walmart in Montana and see cowboys with six-shooters in their holsters browsing through the electronics isle... right off the ranch.

We have a bigger meth problem here than gun problem. :(

Lots of folks carry here...

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
Also, don't quote me but I believe there are some counties where you can posses but not carry but if you have a conceal carry permit in one county it follows you to the other (except NYC). You need to get written permission from the Mayor to carry in NYC unless your on the clock NYPD, NYSP, or a federal law enforcement officer. The problem isn't the laws. The problem is the number of dirtbags that carry. In places like Texas and Vermont most of the folk are good people, not dirtbag bangers. Good people + fewer dirtbags + legal weapons = less gun related deaths. In New York there is a higher percentage of dirtbags thinking it's cool to carry weapons. The law says they can't carry but they still do anyway. Is lifting the law going to stop them from carrying? No. What it's going to do is make it easier for both good and dirtbag citizens to gain access to weapons. So our formula changes. Good people + more dirtbags + legal weapons = more gun related deaths. The fact of the matter is that if you change the formula to Good people + dirtbags + legal weapons you still get dirtbags carrying guns. Besides, when somebody whips a gun out to shoot a police officer and gets killed or injured because he doesn't want to get caught. GOOD. One less dirtbag that threatens my family. What would a person like that do to me if he wanted to get over on me? Bottom line, in NY, changing the law won't do squat. Gotta change people's mindset first, and God knows that isn't happening. I think the only solution is to give the existing law bigger teeth, not make it more difficult to carry. Make criminal possesion of a weapon, and trafficking illegal weapons charges carry a mandatory life without parole sentence and watch what happens. You will stop getting gun related deaths and start getting more knife related deaths. Guns have nothing to do with it. Dirtbags do.

PS. I don't carry and have no desire to, but if I did, I could get a gun legally. I also don't care if anyone else does or not.

OP
OP
B

BLACKFOOT

Jan 17, 2007
Heavener oklahoma
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug2
I was referring to NYC not the state. I had a Canadian friend in Tucson used a HANDGUN to save a POLICEMANS life in NYC he would have had to warch him DIE.Guns actually make people good because a SANE person does not assault a man with a gun.
EXPLAIN to me why there is more police misconduct in NYC than Vermont??? Because in VERMONT when they start beating on cousin Jethro for no reason they might get Shot.BOTTOM LINE.AND don't try to tell me it is the MAPLE SYRUP they eat in Vermont.. The stats. are on population..WHY do the dirtbags go to NYC ?? SAFER work area!!

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
BLACKFOOT said:
I was referring to NYC not the state. I had a Canadian friend in Tucson used a HANDGUN to save a POLICEMANS life in NYC he would have had to warch him DIE.Guns actually make people good because a SANE person does not assault a man with a gun.
EXPLAIN to me why there is more police misconduct in NYC than Vermont??? Because in VERMONT when they start beating on cousin Jethro for no reason they might get Shot.BOTTOM LINE.AND don't try to tell me it is the MAPLE SYRUP they eat in Vermont.. The stats. are on population..WHY do the dirtbags go to NYC ?? SAFER work area!!

Don't know but dirtbags are dirtbags. Like I said, I agree with you 100% that dirtbags are the ones doing the killing, but changing the law aint going to change squat in Varmont or NY. While both Varmont and NY have good people, NYC has more bad than Varmont and that's why you get more killing. Not because people can't get guns.

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Criminals have and will always have firearms. What will equal out the problem is legal law abiding citizens packing also. Face it a criminal is not knowingly going to go against an armed person, no they are going after the unarmed people, a criminal is not a fool if two people are standing on a street corner one packing and one unarmed which one do u think the criminal will go for.

OP
OP
B

BLACKFOOT

Jan 17, 2007
Heavener oklahoma
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug2
skrimpy DO you mean the good people in NYC cannot get guns to defend themselves and their loved ones ?That is what I am trying to get across!!

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
BLACKFOOT said:
skrimpy DO you mean the good people in NYC cannot get guns to defend themselves and their loved ones ?That is what I am trying to get across!!

I think they can (don't quote me) but it is very, very difficult to do. Probably lots of hoops to jump through. I haven't heard anyone I know from the city say that they wished they owned a firearm or a long gun for that matter (which I think they can have). Like I said, you need special permission from the mayor in NYC just to carry a firearm, not to mention concealed. A judge's approval of your permit application doesn't mean squat in NYC. As far as protecting their loved ones, sure, having a gun can and will do that, and maybe they should be allowed to just like everyone else. I agree totally. I'm just saying that changing the law in order to allow citizens to carry firearms in NYC isn't going to lower the gun related deaths in NYC. I'm also willing to concede that it wouldn't increase them either. Besides, if a citizen in NYC really wanted to own a firearm that badly they would just move out of the city into an area in the suburbs and take the train in for work. Most of the people I know in the city don't give a s#!^.

S

skydiv

i carry a gun every day and if i should have to use it i'd damn well better know for sure it is self defence or i'm going to jail or open for a civil law suit.

T

tippy_canoe

Skrimpy is correct about the dirtbags and the general public mentality about guns. Because dirtbags don't spend money and time to fill out forms, volunteer to be fingerprinted, photographed, and background checked. They don't take mandatory gun safety courses either.
Regarding the general public - there are a lot of hoplophobics out there with serious misconceptions about guns and gun safety and you may never be able to change the mind of one. ::) ???
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoplophobia

If you need info on NYC carry laws, then do a Google search. Here's one link - there are many, many more.
http://www.packing.org/state/new_york_city/

Also check out the Gun Facts e-book if you're looking for stats and data
http://www.gunfacts.info/

good luck!
-tippy

tippy_canoe packs heat too! ;D

Attachments

• LTC.jpg
    LTC.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 301

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread