Confederate Bayonet?

Ihatepoisonivy

Feb 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image.jpg
Has no markings but seems well made, picked it up in Kentucky. Any tips on its identity? Thanks!

Upvote 0

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
can't really tell from the pic, can you take a shot of the socket looking straight down on it so we can see the curve of the blade and what the opening and clamp look like?

Beeps in my sleep

Sep 6, 2013
Shippensburg, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000, Fisher F2, Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is in really good shape! Where the heck did you pick that up? The ones friends have found metal detecting are 90 percent of the time never completed and very delicate and rusted to pieces. I have seen conf and union bayonets and really never could see any difference in any of them. Plus I am sure guns from the fallen were used when ammo was short by both sides against each other.

OP
OP
Ihatepoisonivy

Ihatepoisonivy

Feb 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found it in an old antique store in Kentucky. He has had the bayonet for nearly 30 years before he let it go. He also had a civil war medical field chair with amputating saw. Very cool. He says it's Confederate but I can only just believe him. He's been in that place for 40 years. He also had some molding tools for buck n balls.

Beeps in my sleep

Sep 6, 2013
Shippensburg, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000, Fisher F2, Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we have one of the oldest hardware stores in pa here in Shippensburg called Pague & Fegan Hardware. They have a confederate musket displayed that was dropped when our town was invaded by 20k confederate troops under the command of Ewell. I salivate thinking how nice that would look on my wall. Amazing find. Union or Confederate who cares thats something I have never found and always wanted too. Take good care of that and congrats! http://www.shippenplace.com/civilwar.html

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ihatepoisonivy

Ihatepoisonivy

Feb 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't make out the marks but perhaps all the experts can identify them. Maybe it will help me date it with maker. Although this is staying on my shelf...any ideas what the value would be in its condition ? Thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread