CONFEDERATE GOLD IN DANVILLE, VA.

OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An interesting footnote to the short time Davis and cabinet were in Danville, while many CSA records were burned or destroyed, CSA Captain Edward S Hutter saved CSA Sec if State Judah P Benjamin's personal and handwritten annotated copy of Vattel's "LAW OF NATIONS". Benjamin ran the spy and signal corps, the CSA European agents for the acquisition of loans and credit, and the blockade runners, and he used Vattels as a code book for these various activities.
CSA Captain Edward S Hutter was the cousin of James Beverly Ward, the publisher, and most likely author of THE BEALE PAPERS pamphlet in 1885, a period adventure treasure story which included ciphers that would, if solved, lead to buried treasure.

Thanks to RebelKGC for all that information.

OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the Richmond Daily Dispatch, February 13, 1864, lists Samuel McCubbin as Confederate Chief of Police in Richmond, involved in the arrest of Richmond embalmer, who, for a price, was aiding Confederate deserters escape to the North.
Other news articles in the Richmond Daily Dispatch and Richmond Sentinel which contains the same story-
www.bluegreyreview.com/2014/02/14/stung-on-the-underground-railroad/
From February 1864 to April 2, 1865 have several articles of McCubbin's duties as either Chief of Police or Captain of Police, rounding up Confederate deserters and returning them to their units or to the gallows.
McCubbin is never referred to as "Provost Marshall and high member of the KGC" in these newspapers, nor is that McCubbin "took $8 Million in gold specie by train out of Richmond"
Then McCubbin is mention in that Monday May 1, 1865 NEW YORK TIMES article reporting to the Union Provost Marshall of Richmond on the Saturday before, interrogated of his activities which involved chasing deserters up until Lee's surrender.
Without proof of an actual newspaper article, with all the jumbled information, this McCubbin treasure story has the appearance of originating from a pulp treasure magazine that mentions "according to a April 1865 newspaper article" as its source for the story.

Sorry but the story is TRUE. You just do not have the facts YET.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
You claim that you have a copy of newspaper, dated April 1865, that states this McCubbin story.
Please post it and actually prove me wrong if it exists.

PS: Is your comment on POST# 361 a sly accusation of plagiarism?

Last edited:
OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You claim that you have a copy of newspaper, dated April 1865, that states this McCubbin story.
Please post it and actually prove me wrong if it exists.

PS: Is your comment on POST# 361 a sly accusation of plagiarism?

I am not selling anything. I was just telling you where the facts are located. RebelKGC has a copy maybe he can post it for you. I can not get my computer to post. I was going to put the whole 16 pages on here. That way you can find more things wrong and complain about them. As with this post nothing but a complainer and a know it all.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
HOT buttered pop-corn coming soon... ONLY Rebel coins accepted for payment. :tongue3: :laughing7:

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... As with this post nothing but a complainer and a know it all.
That is a very good self description, Franklin. :thumbsup:
...But you forgot to mention that everyone but you are wrong. :laughing7:
Now back to the $8 Million gold specie McCubbin story, if the story is TRUE as you claim, why are you hesitating in posting that newspaper page if it actually exists.
OR are you now claiming you can't post the alleged April 1865 newspaper article because it exists only on your 16 page CD book?
You did mention you presented the original to Kathleen S Kilpatrick, Dir of Virginia DHR, when you attempted to convince her of the Confederate grave with the maps to 58 KGC treasure depositories revealed to you by signs on talking trees in a Danville cemetery, that copy, if an actual period Confederate Virginia April 1865 newspaper and not a dated many years later newspaper story, should still be in the possession of the Virginia Department of Historic Resources.
Julie Langan is the current director. (804)482-6446
Maybe a call to her from a third party like William the Conqueror in the name of research will confirm the existence and the contents of this April 1865 newspaper once and for all.
Or as you suggested, Rebel-KGC, who has a copy can post the page with the Samuel McCubbin $8 Million gold specie story.

Last edited:
OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now back to the $8 Million gold specie McCubbin story, if the story is TRUE as you claim, why are you hesitating in posting that newspaper page if it actually exists.
OR are you now claiming you can't post the alleged April 1865 newspaper article because it exists only on your 16 page CD book?
You did mention you presented the original to Kathleen S Kilpatrick, Dir of Virginia DHR, when you attempted to convince her of the Confederate grave with the maps to 58 KGC treasure depositories revealed to you by signs on talking trees in a Danville cemetery, that copy, if an actual period Confederate Virginia April 1865 newspaper and not a dated many years later newspaper story, should still be in the possession of the Virginia Department of Historic Resources.
Maybe a call to her from a third party like William the Conqueror in the name of research will confirm the existence and the contents of this April 1865 newspaper once and for all.
Or as you suggested, Rebel-KGC, who has a copy can post the page with the Samuel McCubbin $8 Million gold specie story.

There you go again changing my words and my statements. I said RebelKGC had a copy of the CD Book as he purchased one. I did not say there was a copy of the newspaper on or in the CD. And no RebelKGC does not have a copy of the newspaper.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
There you go again changing my words and my statements. I said RebelKGC had a copy of the CD Book as he purchased one. I did not say there was a copy of the newspaper on or in the CD. And no RebelKGC does not have a copy of the newspaper.
Your POST#364 response " I was just telling you where the facts are located" to my question concerning this alleged April 1865 newspaper McCubbin story made it appear that way, and no, once again I have not changed your words and statements.

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... I was just telling you where the facts are located...
Now that you have clarified that the "facts" of the McCubbin story is NOT contained in your 16 page CD book about southern railroads during the Civil War, let us examine what you claim is a Southern newspaper article from April 1865:
"Three dats before President Jefferson Davis left Richmond" (article had to be written after the Union occupied Richmond)
"Provost Marshall and high member of the KGC, Sam McCubbin" (he was not a Provost Marshall, why the KGC mention?)
"took $ * Million in gold specie by train" (Why publish this when the Union was in pursuit of Davis, Cabinet, and treasury?)
"out of Richmond to some point south" (This line give the Union clues on where to search, tantamount to treason to the CSA)

These are valid reasons to question the validity of this originating from a Southern newspaper from April 1865, and most likely the it appeared many years later as a treasure story article that referenced an alleged newspaper article from April 1865 to give the tale believability.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
LOL! NO copy from ME! HEH!

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you for your reply, Rebel-KGC.
Considering Franklin's extreme reluctance in posting this newspaper, providing its name, or even a link in support as proof that this newspapers article actually existed as claimed, to then to establish that this McCubbin newspaper story actually appeared in a dated April 1865 southern newspaper after the Union occupied Richmond and while in pursuit of Davis & Cabinet and the treasury, someone needs to contact Julie Langan, Dir of Virginia Department of Historic Resources and inquire if they have a copy of this newspaper, or if they have documented information that will confirm the McCubbin tale. (804)482-6446

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
For your reply of not having seen or having a copy of this very questionable and highly suspect newspaper dated April 1865 story of Sam McCubbin and the $8 million gold specie loaded train that has been presented as FACT by Franklin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread