CONFEDERATE GOLD IN DANVILLE, VA.

OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Apr 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe that Major Sutherlin carved the beech tree as he was a quartermaster,
and would have had the tools in the federal cemetery. He was a freemason. The tree is
400 years old or so. Do the other depositories
in Danville have a beech tree carving? What are the names of the other cemeteries, if it
is common knowledge?

Last edited:
OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wrong on Major Sutherlin and wrong that I will give you the names of the cemeteries.

Apr 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He just seems to be the logical choice. Is it a
secret who did the carving of the beech tree?

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Danville was the end of the line. There was no train
going to North Carolina. The train in North Carolina
was a different gauge. Did Jefferson Davis just take
what he could carry? What about the treasure train,
how could it go to North Carolina with treasure?

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
# 9, Franklin, you did good. I hope that you pay your federal income taxes, or off to jail you may go, great picutes.

OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
# 9, Franklin, you did good. I hope that you pay your federal income taxes, or off to jail you may go, great picutes.

Yes sir. When it was sold it was filed on my business tax returns. Thank you very much for your concern.

Apr 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Danville was the end of the line. There were no tracks going to North Carolina. The tracks in North Carolina were a different gauge. How did the masons get the treasure to North Carolina? I believe the masons buried the treasure in Danville.

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
A whole lot of that information is incorrect but I am not going to try and correct all of it...
A.J. Hannah's, "Flight into Oblivion" gives a good record of the time sequence but ECS your time line and the parties are way way off...
Franklin, my information came from interviews of descendants of this who took part in aiding the escape of Benjamin, Breckenridge, and Wood, not from Hannah's novelized embellished "Flight Into Oblivion" which many historians have discounted its accuracy.

OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Franklin, my information came from interviews of descendants of this who took part in aiding the escape of Benjamin, Breckenridge, and Wood, not from Hannah's novelized embellished "Flight Into Oblivion" which many historians have discounted its accuracy.

I could care less where you got your information. I know what I have.

OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Knowing what you have really doesn't qualify you to constantly say that everybody else's facts and information are wrong, Franklin.

Back at you.

Apr 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still convinced there is a treasure buried in Danville, from all the signs I have found. The beech tree is definitely a clue!
I also can place Albert Pike at the treasure sight! I believe the masons buried the treasure, the same day they arrived in
Danville Va in a secluded location instead of in the open area of the graveyard. The train tracks did not go into North
Carolina, as Danville was the end of the line. Jefferson Davis
and his party took a 12 man coach to the train tracks in North Carolina. So he could only take what the party could
carry.

Last edited:
OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If only you knew.

Apr 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After reading the stories, deciphering all clues including the
the beech tree, the rock of the pyramids, the Egypt brick, and the capstone from the treasure sight (picture on KGC
thread Albert Pike page 5)and becoming a master of the
craft, I believe I do know. If someone wants to meet in Danville, I'll show them the sight and they can judge for
themselves! I have pictures of the site.

OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Danville was the end of the line. There were no tracks going to North Carolina. The tracks in North Carolina were a different gauge. How did the masons get the treasure to North Carolina? I believe the masons buried the treasure in Danville.

Then you have not read my book. Yes there was a track from Danville, Va. to Greensboro, N.C. They built it for army use only in 1863. I have where all the iron came from and the track for the railroad. Also the names of all the engines that ran on the line. The depot sat right across Craighead Street from the Danville Midland Railroad. One Million Dollars was appropriated by the Confederate Congress to build the railroad. And as a matter of fact the gold arrived in Greensboro, N.C. a few days after President Davis arrived. There was over 6 tons of gold specie over $2 Million in face value.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions