Confederate Gold Stories (Two)

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old Silver said:
KGC4Dixie said:
The alleged treasure belongs to the Knights of the Golden Circle, an order who, as the book would have us believe, was ultimately behind the Civil War and who ran the Confederacy as a sort of shadow government. I'm not joking. After the war was all but over, the KGC apparently decided to squirrel away vast amounts of gold in the Arkansas hills in order to finance the next war of secession, which they believed would come relatively soon. And so, we are faced with a book in which a retiree and his wife chase around the woods with Radio Shack metal detectors and unearth Mason jars full of coins. Wheee.

I wonder if this would be accepted had they used minelabs, or White's. Also, what is the point in saying these people were backwoodsmen from the hills?
I'm not saying I believe in the KGC stuff, but it seems the skeptics try too hard to convince. It just smells funny.

Hi Old Silver. If the poster of the original message would have read the book before ridiculing it, he would have known that Bob and Linda Brewer used top-of-the-line Garrett detectors which you will not find in any Radio Shack.
~Texas Jay
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bloodybillandersonmystery

O

Old Silver

Texas Jay said:
Old Silver said:
KGC4Dixie said:
The alleged treasure belongs to the Knights of the Golden Circle, an order who, as the book would have us believe, was ultimately behind the Civil War and who ran the Confederacy as a sort of shadow government. I'm not joking. After the war was all but over, the KGC apparently decided to squirrel away vast amounts of gold in the Arkansas hills in order to finance the next war of secession, which they believed would come relatively soon. And so, we are faced with a book in which a retiree and his wife chase around the woods with Radio Shack metal detectors and unearth Mason jars full of coins. Wheee.

I wonder if this would be accepted had they used minelabs, or White's. Also, what is the point in saying these people were backwoodsmen from the hills?
I'm not saying I believe in the KGC stuff, but it seems the skeptics try too hard to convince. It just smells funny.

Hi Old Silver. If the poster of the original message would have read the book before ridiculing it, he would have known that Bob and Linda Brewer used top-of-the-line Garrett detectors which you will not find in any Radio Shack.
~Texas Jay
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bloodybillandersonmystery

I think some on here just need to sound off sometimes. I guess we're all that way at times.

fronjm05

May 8, 2013
Alta California
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2<br />
Fisher Gemini III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1) no actual proof of this, but yes if you read all of the book, you would see that they used MUCH better MD's than you can get at radio shack

2) Jay, one thing that bothers me in the book - actually quite annoys me. Yes KGC "experts" always say to re-bury any metal pointers that are found in their exact position - this makes complete sense, in case you did not register is in GPS quite right, or information is lost. But then why why why, if you page to the middle of the book with all the images - in one of them there is a picture of all the guys, with all the metal they have dug out of the ground on the trail.... grrrr, any future searchers just lost a lot with those clues removed, and is kind of hypocritical.

- otherwise im hoping information in this book is valid - I am so far giving it the benefit of the doubt and has been fascinating. Brewer is a genius if this book is for real.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread