Confederate Local!!!!!!!

Ironman!

Mar 25, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
MXT/Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone! It has been awhile since I have posted anything but I thought yesterday's find was worth sharing!
I went back to a camp I have been hunting off and on for the past 9 yrs. and recovered my find of the year and my first button of this type.

According to Albert's book it is a Confederate Local staff button, #25a in his book! WooHoo!!! Yes, it does have hints of gold gilt on both obverse & reverse! After all the pics. were taken and even one taken with my cell phone so I could send it to my hunting buddies, I regained my composure and vigilantly started hunting that site very intensely. No sooner than I made my first sweep that I had another button signal. I just knew it was going to be another one, but it turned out to be a GS button with a SCOVILL MF'G. CO. WATERBURY backmark. That's okay I'll take it!

Enough text, here are the pics.

Thanks for looking!
IM

Attachments

• conf..JPG
    conf..JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 137
  • conf.2.JPG
    conf.2.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 149
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 134
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 129
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
Upvote 0

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome button for sure.:thumbsup:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats again my friend!There is no one more deserving,and to think I was within feet of that beauty looking for any ol G.S!!!I knew after you dug the Sharps parts I should have "buckled",down!!Why this isnt on the Banner is beyond me?

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can just imagine the pride felt by the young officer when he first donned his uniform. We see here the essence of a man reduced to his 150 year old button, himself perhaps lying in an unmarked grave. Certainly a tribute of Banner recognition is not to much to ask for this otherwise forgotten Southern Patriot!

OP
OP
Ironman!

Ironman!

Mar 25, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
MXT/Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
brnn53, leprechaun, & Giant056 - Thank You for your comments they are much appreciated!:icon_thumleft:

Kuger - Yeah man you were very close indeed! Banner or no Banner, this button for its historical representation will always be a Banner find to me and those who truly appreciate it for what it is! Thanks for your support my friend. Heck, if I want to see if I can get another find up on the Banner I suppose I can offer up my recently dug fifth gold coin. My fourth made it up top!!!:thumbsup:

Hot Zone - I can feel your compassion! Thanks for your encouragement!!:icon_thumleft::icon_thumleft:

materdigger1

Jun 7, 2012
Natchez, Mississippi
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Teknetics T2SE , Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Garrett Pro Pointer, Predator Raven 25 digging tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awsome button Ironman - Hey if you don't mind what signal did this button show up as on your screen - ie coin, pull tab, foil or nickel, or what?

DaleGM

Aug 21, 2009
Sacramento Cailifonia
Detector(s) used
V3i DFX MXT Excal II D2 6x10 950 4x6 & dx-1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've learned alot about CW history on this site and really enjoy seeing finds like this unearthed 150 years later
and being a Confederate find makes it that much more sweeter, you have my banner button punched for this one
Congrats Ironman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread