Continuum

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
the thread had already run out of gas...thats why they get off course...not much more to post on the subject so we start screwing off....i'm not here just to call out b.s.er's....occasionally i post something useful here...:laughing7:

That's true, and those posts are very informative, especially the ones about mining and ore. You've hit on an interesting question though - has everything about the LDM rumor already been sliced and diced over and over and over again?

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
azdave35,

Do you know if its possible to make a thread "private"?
Meaning -being able to control access.

That would be so great. It would keep threads from being hijacked and getting sidetracked all the time.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
That's true, and those posts are very informative, especially the ones about mining and ore. You've hit on an interesting question though - has everything about the LDM rumor already been sliced and diced over and over and over again?

the best forum on the ldm was feldmans old forum.....most of the people on here aren't really interested in the ldm...they mainly seem to be interested in maps......i don't think everything has been hashed out on the superstition area...but every time someone starts a post on mining...or history..or the ldm...it gets taken over by the stone mappers..i think you and i are they only ones on here interested in mining

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
That would be so great. It would keep threads from being hijacked and getting sidetracked all the time.
arthur....i've said this before but threads rarely get hijacked or sidetracked..they just run their course ..when there's nothing left to say on the subject conversation just drifts elsewhere...

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
the best forum on the ldm was feldmans old forum.....most of the people on here aren't really interested in the ldm...they mainly seem to be interested in maps......i don't think everything has been hashed out on the superstition area...but every time someone starts a post on mining...or history..or the ldm...it gets taken over by the stone mappers..i think you and i are they only ones on here interested in mining

You have the benefit of being familiar and experienced with mining, practically.
A conversation about mining (the science) wouldn't come easy for many of us.
Reading a treasure map, following one and arguing about legends is both easy and entertaining.
Just like story time.

That will change once a missing mine is found.

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
arthur....i've said this before but threads rarely get hijacked or sidetracked..they just run their course ..when there's nothing left to say on the subject conversation just drifts elsewhere...

If that were true, then we wouldn't have threads getting locked, especially good threads.

Which is exactly why this thread exists, because it is a continuation of another thread that got hijacked then locked.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
You have the benefit of being familiar and experienced with mining, practically.
A conversation about mining (the science) wouldn't come easy for many of us.
Reading a treasure map, following one and arguing about legends is both easy and entertaining.
Just like story time.

That will change once a missing mine is found.
some of the paper maps are intriguing such as the fish map and the perfil map but alot of the maps floating around are probably bogus

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ed why don't you try your own assay on your ore? It is not that difficult to crush up the rock, set up a hair blower and some charcoal to melt out the suspected platinum. There are you tube videos on how to build your own smelter. You can even download the best book on how to assay the De Re Metallica for free. You then would know for a certainty and not have to suspect the assayer or anyone else might be lying to you.

One other thing but maybe you can tell me exactly how the PSM rocks are related to the lost gold mine of Jacob Waltz?

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

I have done quite a few little experiments with said ore oro...I have even tried aqua regia on the darn stuff...That is some dangerous junk to mess with for a novice like me...I am no expert, mind you, when it comes to assaying...But I am certain that the person who was pulling platinum from the area was...I was told by a good source that a person was mining the area in the past and I was also informed that the person mining the area told my source that he was pulling platinum from said area...The miner had several 500 gram discs that my source saw...My source was a very sociable person and the miner liked him enough to reveal said things to him...The only thing of which I am certain is that the ore in my possession is peridotite...And I strongly believe the story my source revealed to me...After all is said and done...I do believe that my ore is platinum bearing peridotite...lol...I am still learning...And I still have a small amount of ore to play with...I am in no hurry to try to return to the area...And who would want the ore anyhow???rofl

And as for how the platinum ore is related to the LDM...Well...I strongly believe that the area the ore comes from is the area depicted in the PSM's...Seeing that most people believe that the PSM's are related to the LDM I feel that the ore is tied into the tale per se...So, IF I am correct in my reasoning...The area the stones depict is not in AZ...Maybe one day we may know for certain...

Ed T

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
If that were true, then we wouldn't have threads getting locked, especially good threads.

Which is exactly why this thread exists, because it is a continuation of another thread that got hijacked then locked.
i see it differently ..we are all entitled to our own opinions:dontknow:..you are welcome to bring the thread back to life if you have any more to post that hasn't been said

Last edited:

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
I have done quite a few little experiments with said ore oro...I have even tried aqua regia on the darn stuff...That is some dangerous junk to mess with for a novice like me...I am no expert, mind you, when it comes to assaying...But I am certain that the person who was pulling platinum from the area was...I was told by a good source that a person was mining the area in the past and I was also informed that the person mining the area told my source that he was pulling platinum from said area...The miner had several 500 gram discs that my source saw...My source was a very sociable person and the miner liked him enough to reveal said things to him...The only thing of which I am certain is that the ore in my possession is peridotite...And I strongly believe the story my source revealed to me...After all is said and done...I do believe that my ore is platinum bearing peridotite...lol...I am still learning...And I still have a small amount of ore to play with...I am in no hurry to try to return to the area...And who would want the ore anyhow???rofl

And as for how the platinum ore is related to the LDM...Well...I strongly believe that the area the ore comes from is the area depicted in the PSM's...Seeing that most people believe that the PSM's are related to the LDM I feel that the ore is tied into the tale per se...So, IF I am correct in my reasoning...The area the stones depict is not in AZ...Maybe one day we may know for certain...

Ed T
platinum is very difficult to deal with in ores because of the other minerals in the said ore...you will probably not be able to recover it from the ore or even test it yourself...even the xrf analyzer has a hard time with platinum...usually i have to crush the ore to 80 mesh and pull the iron out first before i can get an accurate reading on ores with platinum

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
platinum is very difficult to deal with in ores because of the other minerals in the said ore...you will probably not be able to recover it from the ore or even test it yourself...even the xrf analyzer has a hard time with platinum...usually i have to crush the ore to 80 mesh and pull the iron out first before i can get an accurate reading on ores with platinum

The assay I had done on the ore states that there is over 600 lbs. of Fe to the ton in said ore...I wonder how much Pt is actually in the ore???IF the miner who was working the area was using a burro and arrastra there must be a good amount of Pt in said ore...I should have asked my source more questions...Oh well...

Ed T

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)

Ed T

Okay so you just feel that the PSM stone maps are linked to the LDM. Not a solid evidence type of thing. :coffee2:

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay so you just feel that the PSM stone maps are linked to the LDM. Not a solid evidence type of thing. :coffee2:

I was merely stating that there are many people who believe that the PSM's are associated with the LDM Oro...Though I strongly believe that they do not have anything to do with the lost mine of JW...People who are trying to link the PSM's to the LDM are barking up the wrong tree...

Here is a little funny I wrote today that has nothing at all to do with anything...Halloween is just around the corner...lol...Horror movie season will soon be in full swing...hehehe

Mister Pumpkinhead (Senryu)

When I see your face
The orange color makes me laugh
Mister Pumpkinhead

Ed T 9/18/2019

P.s.Does anyone in here believe that I should change the line "The orange color make me laugh" to "The orange color cracks me up"??? Any thoughts from anyone on this???

Ed T

Last edited:

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was merely stating that there are many people who believe that the PSM's are associated with the LDM Oro...Though I strongly believe that they do not have anything to do with the lost mine of JW...People who are trying to link the PSM's to the LDM are barking up the wrong tree...

Here is a little funny I wrote today that has nothing at all to do with anything...Halloween is just around the corner...lol...Horror movie season will soon be in full swing...hehehe

Mister Pumpkinhead (Senryu)

When I see your face
The orange color makes me laugh
Mister Pumpkinhead

Ed T 9/18/2019

P.s.Does anyone in here believe that I should change the line "The orange color make me laugh" to "The orange color cracks me up"??? Any thoughts from anyone on this???

Ed T

I like the original. Here is mine. On topic-in market!

When i see your map
The wiggly lines make me sad
I am desolate

I am made confused
My head aches from too much thought
Where are my gold bars

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the original. Here is mine. On topic-in market!

When i see your map
The wiggly lines make me sad
I am desolate

I am made confused
My head aches from too much thought
Where are my gold bars

Much better than mine...

Wouldn't it be something IF Mister Pumpkinhead removed the wilderness status from a certain area in Arizona???Just a thought...lol

Ed T :)

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
A bit OT again ... oh, well. Here's another good story involving Sal Delgadillo again. Somebody needs to send a photo of Jim Hatt to Terry Carter.

OP
OP
somehiker

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Search.....
"Bad Day on Battleaxe Road"

Got a couple of ghost stories myself....one short from the Detroit-Windsor area, 16-1700's maybe, and the other a longer experience from when I gave a lift to and went for a hike down the Reavis Trail with a really strange character I saw walking along #88 out past Tortilla Flat.

Last edited:

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Search.....
"Bad Day on Battleaxe Road"

Got a couple of ghost stories myself....one short from the Detroit-Windsor area, 16-1700's maybe, and the other a longer experience from when I gave a lift to and went for a hike down the Reavis Trail with a really strange character I saw walking along #88 out past Tortilla Flat.

That was quite an ordeal which might have ended in a tragedy.
Hope you share your stories.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/lost-dutchman-s-mine/614243-continuum-11.html#post6274597

I finally had time to finish Esteban, by Dennis Herrick. It was an interesting read. Most of the narrative detailing the disastrous 1528 Panfilo de Narvaez Expedition and the Cabeza de Vaca party survival odyssey to Mexico - both including Esteban - is drawn from numerous earlier sources. Likewise, the Marcos de Niza Cibola Expedition, led by Esteban serving as scout, has been covered by many.

Herrick points out that scant first-hand mention of Esteban is made in any historical records. Being a slave - essentially a non-human to the Spanish - he is primarily identified as "the negro." His given name is referred to only a few times in the reports, and is usually called Estavanico, a diminished reference. By the time the de Vaca party reached Mexico City in 1536, the three Spaniard survivors were greeted as heros, while Esteban remained a slave.

When none of the three Spaniards were available to accompany de Niza to Cibola in 1539, Esteban was chosen. The author points out that all reports of Esteban's activities in New Mexico were second-hand at best and wildly inconsistent. Even his reported death at Zuni was unwitnessed, but inferred. Some Zuni oral traditions maintain that he was killed, but other Zuni sources claim he was not. It's alleged that Esteban, with the help of Zunis and other Natives who admired him, but not the Spanish, conspired to fake his death and relieve him of his slave status.

No mention was made in the book of any resolution to the Cibola rumors or any gold found during the de Niza expedition. The gist was that Esteban took advantage of an opportunity to go Native.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread