Cool and new way to share coin roll hunting!!!!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Dang David - leave from school and drive 2 hours for coins - found over 21 silvers - you are hoooooooooooooked! :laughing7:

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been contemplating doing a live coin roll hunt for a while now. I'll probably be doing one as soon as I pick up a box of nickels, they'd be the best for it I think. And I want to hype it up before it happens. I think live coin roll hunts may become popular on YouTube soon. Good luck with the box tonight.

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is just my opinion but I think you will find live CRH videos are not going to be popular at all. You get a bad few boxes and it will be like watching paint dry. The reason CRH videos are popular is because you get to see what a person finds and don't have to sit through the boring stuff.

Last edited:

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yepper, an hour spent opening rolls is boring even when I'm doing it if the finds are slim!

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is just my opinion but I think you will find live CRH videos are not going to be popular at all. You get a bad few boxes and it will be like watching paint dry. The reason CRH videos are popular is because you get to see what a person finds and don't have to sit through the boring stuff.

That's not the case when you're doing nickels. You get all kinds of stuff and you can even make a game/competition out of it, like I have done in the past on my channel. We'll see what happens, but I think it could be a cool new thing.

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's not the case when you're doing nickels. You get all kinds of stuff and you can even make a game/competition out of it, like I have done in the past on my channel. We'll see what happens, but I think it could be a cool new thing.

I say try it...the worst that can happen is it stinks and you move on.

agolddigger

Oct 28, 2016
California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Depends on what you're going through honestly. My roommates used to watch me go through boxes of half dollars because it was quite rare that there wouldn't be at least some silver in them. Dimes, etc. are obviously going to be a much lower hit rate.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can think of a couple of ways of adding some variation to the coin roll searching. I don't know if these are used in any other videos of its type, but on woodworking videos they often speed up the hammering or sawing. Makes it not only go faster, but is kind of comical. Another might be to divide the screen into 1/4ths and show you searching a roll in each window. I'd imagine the software to do that is readily available. Probably other clever effects you can use (or overuse) to keep the viewer's interest through roll after roll.

jcole77

May 7, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
I really think the only way a LIVE video would be exciting would be if you started a box and a few rolls in discovered you were onto something or you knew ahead of time the box had good stuff... it would take patience, but what I would then do is show the box, and what you've found so far out of the box... for example, let's say you found 5 War or Buffalo Nickels in the first 5 rolls of a box of nickels you got... post a video and show what you've found so far... THEN promote that you're doing a live video at a certain date and time so that everyone can see what the other 45 rolls hold...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread