My days may be numbered !

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Like most of you all know that I date check all of my dime boxes (90%) of the time at least. But just last week went to my primary doctor for a follow up visit. He determined that I have artritis in both hands(knuckles), but worse is that I have come down with severe Carpultunnel(sp) in my right hand. It is hard for me to even handle rolls of coins at times, to at least RIM CHECK, but I refuse to give up this hobby just like that. I may have to cut back my volume of boxes, but I'm NOT OUT OF IT YET. I will still CRH where & when possible at age 70, all for the THRILL OF THE HUNT. HH, DozerD.

Upvote 0

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have heard that if you lay out all your silver on a bed then lay down and take a nap on it, all your aches, pains, including Arthritis will disappear. Course that could be magnets I'm thinking of too :laughing7: Keep the faith and the hobby alive.

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Dozer,

I'm getting older but not old yet....When I was 19 I went to work at a small wholesale meat packing plant in Elk Grove, CA. I got Carpal Tunnel Syndrome so bad you could hear it. Literally! Now I was 19 so it was easier to bounce back then, but, I took some anti-inflammatory meds and it got better. Biggest thing is I learned how to keep my knives sharp. That helped the most.

Well, that was many moons ago. I was a butcher for about 20 years then I moved on to other stuff.

Hang in there. Find a different system and change the way you do things. Maybe you can ease some of the discomfort. I'm pulling for ya!

Grease

jcole77

May 7, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a bummer, Dozer... wishing you all the best and praying it gets better!

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I get getting that in my right hand when I was boxing coins for y'all, it's gone now that I stopped working at coin wrap, I think you just need a long break from crhing. Let your wrist/hand rest up, doing stretches help also.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dozer, prayers sent your way that you'll be better soon and that you will have years left to enjoy our great hobby.

retire05

Feb 16, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dozer - didn't you hear...70 is the new 50. Hang in there and good luck!!!Brad

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get yourself a mentor to help you with your hobby and you can teach him/her all about coin hunting and collecting and pass on some of your knowledge.Just be sure they are trustworthy.

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Take one minute at a time. As a cashier for over 20 years I have severe carpel tunnel in both my wrists, tennis elbow in both, Arthritis in both knees and absolutely zero energy thanks to chemo and radiation treatment for uterine cancer 3 years ago. I am finding more and more to do my favorite sanity-saving hobbies in bits and pieces. whether its 5 minutes or 30 a day. I have had to find a new way to use the keyboard with fingerings. I'd be happy to make it to 50 much less 70. Hope you are able to coin hunt for a very long time Dozer. <3 <3

Sincerely, Garoulady

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread