Cool old token

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I managed to get out for a short hunt today. Among the pile of memorial pennies I managed to dig 9 wheats and this really cool token.

P1010177_zps9b63e2ce.jpg

P1010178_zps88043bc6.jpg

One side says "BIBs Smoker Florence Kans" The other says "Good for 2 1/2 cent in trade"

I found a reference to this online, but it had no pictures. This was originally a 20mm, round token. I think someone must have clipped it into the octagonal shape I dug.

Upvote 1

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a good find. That would make my day too. I love finding old trade tokens.

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice find Jason. Been a while since I've found one of those old aluminum tokens. Unfortunately the ground usually isn't too kind to them and they're frequently found quite corroded. Actually yours isn't all that bad, but it does appear to have lost much of the outer edge. Good find regardless.

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
Oller & Johnson's KS Tokens book says the 1920 KS Dun business directory lists C. A. Bibler - stationery & billiards.

In 1918, Clarence Alexander Bibler registered for the draft and stated that he was a barber by occupation.

Would you be willing to post yours on TokenCatalog.com for the good of the hobby? Or with your permission, I would do it.

John in the Great 208

OP
OP
Jason in Enid

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oller & Johnson's KS Tokens book says the 1920 KS Dun business directory lists C. A. Bibler - stationery & billiards.

In 1918, Clarence Alexander Bibler registered for the draft and stated that he was a barber by occupation.

Would you be willing to post yours on TokenCatalog.com for the good of the hobby? Or with your permission, I would do it.

John in the Great 208

Go ahead and post it if you like. I found a listing but no photo here: http://tokencatalog.com/display_records.php?action=DisplayRecords&td_state=Kansas&td_city=Florence

You might include that it shows environmental damage and post-production damage.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread