Copper & a complete shoe buckle

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Got out with Allyson (Detecting Diva) for a half a day hunt. Todd had to work and we figured he may join us when he got done at 12 noon. But he had other plans after work .2 new sites turned into 4 as we stumbled onto 2 other sites real close to the original 2. .the sites were hit pretty good and finally away from the hole I got a matron head LC.then my machine display goes out
shocked01.gif

I shut it off start it back up no display again and shuts off
shocked04.gif
I'm like great! smackin the box i finally get it goin with a threshold but no screen display ,no pinpoint display nothin and stuck in coin mode which i hate using.no way to get it set back to tone ID so,for the last hour I was swingin blind basically.dug a few flattened beer cans on a side dirt road then figuring another beer can as i cant't see any VDI numbers.kneel down plunge my shovel in and see the corner of a shoe buckle frame.a nice complete colonial shoe buckle.
Ally got 2 coppers and some buttons.
We really had to work for our finds but,was worth it in the end.
Now to pack up the machine & off it goes to White's Monday

Attachments

• IMG_0883.JPG
    IMG_0883.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_0884.JPG
    IMG_0884.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0885.JPG
    IMG_0885.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0886.JPG
    IMG_0886.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0887.JPG
    IMG_0887.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0893.JPG
    IMG_0893.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0892.JPG
    IMG_0892.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0890.JPG
    IMG_0890.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_0889.JPG
    IMG_0889.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_0888.JPG
    IMG_0888.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 94
Upvote 10
You guys rock on those colonial relics and coins. Absolutely among my favorites on the net. We are a bit too young in my part of TN to get back that far, but what I wouldn't give. Nothing short of amazing finds ......... keep em coming.

Great digs as usual. Sorry to hear about your detector. I had something similar happen Saturday. I had an episode of butterfingers and dropped my camera into the hole I just recovered a copper from. Unfortunately the hole had already filled halfway with water since the field was so muddy. Now I'm getting a "lens error" message on the screen. Hopefully its a quick fix at the camera shop and not water damaged. Hope your detector comes back quickly as well. That buckle is great. I've never found an intact one.

beautiful buckle!! and lc!

You are the shoe buckle killer Dave, another beauty to add to your collection! :occasion14:

Congrats on the LC too,
Dave

One of the nicest buckles I've seen here on T-Net since I became a member. Very nice find.

HMN Dave , Complete buckles are a rare dig in my parts of the East coast country . I think settlers here wore the kind with zippers .

Most Triumphant relic recovery indeed !

Nice buckle

Your blessed to have such a fine area to hunt ! Great recoveries for sure!

A299k.jpg BEAUTIFUL BUCKLE :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back