Copper and swagger stick tip

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
CKK ( Chris,Kirk and Kyle ) is on a roll. Another 5 copper day type of roll. I am only going to relate my own though. We got permission at 3 new sites. 2 for a later time and one for today. We didn't even hit the best potential one today. Another old , early American vanished homesite. The property owner is approx 80 years old and was intrigued to say the least. He right away told us that a gentleman already detected the spot 2 or three times a few years ago but CKK was not intimidated in the least. About 30 mins into the hunt I got a signal that has always indicated to me that a copper was about to be dug. Kirk and Kyle both came over and witnessed the retrievel. This Coronet is pretty good all except the date :icon_scratch: 182? . Another half an hour produced the odd looking lead piece that Kyle says could be a homemade chess piece. Not sure. The military swagger stick tip is my best find of the day and my second for the year. There must have been a parade and drill going on at one time or another. A great piece of history saved from the Pa fields. I also found an1892 V nickle that somehow has been misplaced. It was in pretty good shape but oh well it's not my target era anyway. 28 Coppers for Zeus 2009 and 6 short of Zeus 2008. Enjoy everyone and thanks for the interest. :icon_thumright:
Chris
PIC00003-5.jpg

Upvote 0

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice going on another successful hunt by you and the brothers. Lost a V nickel huh :D Someday I will tell the story of the Indianhead I lost that resulted in a very successful hunt thanks to losing it.

I think as long as the weather holds, you will beat last year easily.

Don

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
You had another great day, unc! Let's hit that new site on Saturday. We must!! :headbang:

Nephew

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chris, you three are definitely a team to be reckoned with. . . especially
when someone says "this place has been hunted before" ::)

What, you three worry?. . . :) Not

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job Chris! :notworthy: The coppers just keep coming for you guys. :thumbsup:

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you hunt old greek revival homes, or just old cellar holes in the woods?

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
v on the floor??? sure it was zues! ya sure it didnt come out of your pouch. ;D ;D just kidding keep the finds coming guys :icon_thumleft: willy

OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
dfx willy said:
v on the floor??? sure it was zues! ya sure it didnt come out of your pouch. ;D ;D just kidding keep the finds coming guys :icon_thumleft: willy
Yup, out of the pouch and onto the floor it went. I'm surprized the cat didn't eat it. he eats evrything on the floor.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your cat had eaten that, he'd have had V nickel breath. :D

A really find hunt for you guys! Keep it up.

-Buck

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
The bullet (center lead thing) is a more modern black powder bullet commonly known as a "Maxi Mag" the funny groves are for wax lubricant, usually beeswax in consistency or hard Crisco works well too... Nice finds!!!

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Another copper, another memory for the KKC team. We must strike copper gold this weekend. :laughing7: We must! :headbang: :hello2:

Kirk

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunted spots are the best spots my friend...as you well know :icon_thumleft:

Very nice find bro.

I believe that if the Yeti and I could team up with the "Thrillsome Threesome" ;D...that the 5 of us would have a hoot. :headbang:

OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
cedarratt said:
The bullet (center lead thing) is a more modern black powder bullet commonly known as a "Maxi Mag" the funny groves are for wax lubricant, usually beeswax in consistency or hard Crisco works well too... Nice finds!!!
Thanks for the id on the bullet.

collector01

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2008
snow hill, MD
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another great hunt, nice looking copper. I'm never discouraged when someone says its been hunted before. Whats a swagger stick tip that thing on the right I have found two of them and didn't know what they were.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another on the pile. Good thing you have those two to guide the way. :wink: :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread