deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We got 3 boxes of CWR's last week.The first 2 boxes were actually loose rolls and the third a box of re-rolled and then put back in a cent box.
The loose rolls we ended up finding 18 wheats,12 Canadians and 1200 cooper.
The box we got all copper minus 181 zinc,4 rolls had multiple zinc,4 rolls had just one zinc and the remaining rolls were solid copper.
That's 2319 copper cents out of 2500,anyone ever come across anything like this?

Upvote 0

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
We got 3 boxes of CWR's last week.The first 2 boxes were actually loose rolls and the third a box of re-rolled and then put back in a cent box.
The box we got all copper minus 181 zinc,4 rolls had multiple zinc,4 rolls had just one zinc and the remaining rolls were solid copper.
That's 2319 copper cents out of 2500,anyone ever come across anything like this?

I have come across $10.00 of solid copper rolls at one time. Personally I think copper is slightly annoying. I only sell it so I can dump less really and I make a tiny profit. I hunt for varieties and wheats.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good Score....i never got a box that good...only time i got lucky was i went to the bank and got 26 rolls of straight Wheats....and there was a rosie in one of the rolls.....did a box last night and only got 4 wheats and maybe half and half on the coppers...

billionaire

Sep 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About a month ago I found $50 in copper pennies all from the rolls the bank makes themselves. I know that there's probably more I just haven't gone back to get them.

hotrod

Bronze Member
May 12, 2012
AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I come across this a few times a year!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was given a shoe box full of wheats. I need to figure out if they are worth keeping. Will do a separate post for help

OP
OP
deershed

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Score....i never got a box that good...only time i got lucky was i went to the bank and got 26 rolls of straight Wheats....and there was a rosie in one of the rolls.....did a box last night and only got 4 wheats and maybe half and half on the coppers...

26 rolls of straight wheats would be Awesome to find....

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wheaties are very hoardable.
Yes they are!...I r3emember as a kid (Mid 80's) I would be able to pick up Indian Head pennies from teh flea Market for 5 cents a piece...Now i cant find them for any less than 1 dollar ...im sure the wheats will be more valuable in the next 20+ years!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions