copper --lead

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
would some one please dowse this picture for copper and also a possible lead mine? thanks unnamed (4).jpg also happy new year to all.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was this a "White Man's" mine or Native American?

Ellis, could you expand the top area a little north?

Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Hey Ellis....I need a little more map...At the top Maybe a little North west of the corner

attachmentJTGUAXNC.jpg

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Art, I was picking up something first in the NW corner, but a 2nd lesser hit east some of it, My question was whether that could be of Native American origin?

Last edited:
OP
OP

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
thank you both Art and Red. i am sorry to say that it will be a while before i am able to acquire another portion of the area.
Red, it is white man. did you ever hear of civil war soldiers using native lead or native silver for bullets? i heard of it only once so can't say anything definite on that subject, at least not at the present.
thanks again, Ellis

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, native lead sources I've read in certain lost treasure stories, the lead mined was believed to have a silver content. Then one story Native Americans used silver because they believed the silver bullets were a magic to help them hit their enemies.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red, thanks for the link. thats really neat.
You're welcome Ellis. Yes, I was really surprised when searching silver mining, how many links came up for Alabama.

I said silver bullets, it actually was silver musket balls some Indians in the SE used to fight a battle. If anyone ever finds a musket ball metal detecting, which seems to be made of silver, that is exactly what you might have found.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread