Copper trail turns into copper trial

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
I spent the last couple of days with Iron Patch and Rick(NS) "trying" to find a path back to the copper trail, somehow we got parked on the side of the road.

It wasn't easy but we had a couple of great days weather wise and good luck with fields that were available. We tried a couple of old favourite sites and that proved that some those great old sites that used to produce a ton have given up just about everything, but again I was able to get a signal or two that were keepers but it certainly wasn't enough to make a day of detecting out of it, just random hits to say you were there.
The brighter side was we did find a couple of new sites and boosted hopes for our next hunt. Finds seemed promising ,so we will find the onramp back to the copper trial, we just have to get out of this reststop.

My finds included a couple of coins, another modern silver, and buttons!
Relics were sparse, suspender buckle, bell, and a religious medal. My buttons on the other hand were the winners for me. First was a very small 1812 era artillery button, (only 11 mm )a new one for my collection, a French marines button in ok shape, and a pretty toasted RP button to round out the military side.
Civilian buttons were nice as well, topping the list was a nice engraved domed tombac button, my nicest one like that for sure!; also a big "P" button, I think someone suggested here on this form that these were considered a police uniform button, either way it will replace the other one I had years ago that got sold; and a designed two-piece.

Time is a valuable thing these days, and our season is in jeopardy soon as winter arrives, but until then we're going to hit it again!
We are due for a great site and the finds will come!

Attachments

• rtrel.JPG
    rtrel.JPG
    20.2 KB · Views: 160
  • rtcoins.JPG
    rtcoins.JPG
    25.7 KB · Views: 149
  • rtbutt.JPG
    rtbutt.JPG
    20.5 KB · Views: 149
  • rttom.JPG
    rttom.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 150
  • rtart.JPG
    rtart.JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 149
  • rtrp.JPG
    rtrp.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 147
Upvote 12

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks
Things are looking good for few more weeks of digging, the copper trail is where I'll be headed for sure !

If the weather people have it right things don't change much over the next two weeks... it stays well above freezing.

Henryallen

Tenderfoot
Sep 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Mr. Ironhorse, We live on Ironhorse Way in Louisville Kentucky. You are welcome anytime! I hunt with an old Minelab Explorer XS, but I'm looking at the CTX 3030 as an update!

OP
OP
ironhorse

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Hey Mr. Ironhorse, We live on Ironhorse Way in Louisville Kentucky. You are welcome anytime! I hunt with an old Minelab Explorer XS, but I'm looking at the CTX 3030 as an update!

Hi there Henryallen
Thanks for the invite, not sure when if ever I'll be down in Kentucky but if I do I'll be knocking on your door lol!

I use an Explorer ll, the Minelabs are really good machines, I don't think at this point I'd ever use anything else ( iron mask feature won my heart)

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
WOW IRON HORSE DAMND NICE BUTTON FINDS .

TKgal

Feb 15, 2015
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Time Ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, it cleaned up nicely. I like the big P button.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread